A Thread to Rehash GT HC Comparisons

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Your point has always been recruiting. Our greatest players never played in the NFL. It is all coaching. Scheme scheme scheme which our current staff does not believe in. We will never recruit at the level you believe. And even if we do we need scheme. But in 2 years the next staff may be better.
You really has ever no confidence do you? We may not recruit at the current Clemson level any time soon or ever for that matter, but we can recruit a hell of a lot netter than we have been. When you’re close scheme does matter but when you’re not as we have seen for the last 4 years or so it doesn’t.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You really has ever no confidence do you? We may not recruit at the current Clemson level any time soon or ever for that matter, but we can recruit a hell of a lot netter than we have been. When you’re close scheme does matter but when you’re not as we have seen for the last 4 years or so it doesn’t.
Exactly. Scheme only matters when talent is close. Talent matters A LOT. Coaching is also very important but the best coached teams no longer win or compete for P5 conference titles or national titles without talent. If anything, this thread should have shown everyone what nfl level talent with elite coaching can do.

slugboy

Staff member
Exactly. Scheme only matters when talent is close. Talent matters A LOT. Coaching is also very important but the best coached teams no longer win or compete for P5 conference titles or national titles without talent. If anything, this thread should have shown everyone what nfl level talent with elite coaching can do.
On the other side, Jim Harbaugh seemed to have as much coaching ability as any coach I’d seen over the last 20 years. He built Stanford into a contender, and made SuperBowl waves with the 49ers. He was making waves early at Michigan, did some amazing things to shake up the recruiting world, but he hasn’t worked around his team’s flaws and it’s going to get him fired.
I am pulling for Coastal Carolina in the playoffs....why not
If the playoffs happen, I could see both Clemson and ND make it, or I think a non-P5 team might for the first time

Milwaukee

Banned
On the other side, Jim Harbaugh seemed to have as much coaching ability as any coach I’d seen over the last 20 years. He built Stanford into a contender, and made SuperBowl waves with the 49ers. He was making waves early at Michigan, did some amazing things to shake up the recruiting world, but he hasn’t worked around his team’s flaws and it’s going to get him fired.

If the playoffs happen, I could see both Clemson and ND make it, or I think a non-P5 team might for the first time
Harbaugh hasn't been able to snag the right QB at Michigan. You can't win on the big stage without that. Its amazing how many misses they've had at the position. They also for some reason aren't producing big time playmakers at the skill positions like they used to, there's no excuse for that at Michigan either.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
These types of stories happen frequently when your HC is a horrific Recruiter

As much as that Guy throws the ball for Liberty under Freeze & his RPO Offense, GT had a less than ZERO chance to sign him

No one wants to get their Brains beat in running the "Service Academy Option" when they can run an RPO type option & still have a chance to get drafted

In an RPO System, your QB can be as small as Kyler Murray, and still not take too many hits while throwing the ball a Ton to keep their NFL Dreams aliv
Dude. Put down the CGC burner phone and stop being ridiculous. Our coach has won only 5 games and has had some historic losses. He may be ok - I don’t think he will but time will tell.
What we do know is he hasn’t done anything in his entire career as a HC close to what CPJ did here. He may pass him and make us forget this tough start, but until then, put some of the “juice” back in the jar.

Scubapro

Banned
Dude. Put down the CGC burner phone and stop being ridiculous. Our coach has won only 5 games and has had some historic losses. He may be ok - I don’t think he will but time will tell.
What we do know is he hasn’t done anything in his entire career as a HC close to what CPJ did here. He may pass him and make us forget this tough start, but until then, put some of the “juice” back in the jar.
Go easy on him...he is either CGC's agent or mom.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
These types of stories happen frequently when your HC is a horrific Recruiter

As much as that Guy throws the ball for Liberty under Freeze & his RPO Offense, GT had a less than ZERO chance to sign him

No one wants to get their Brains beat in running the "Service Academy Option" when they can run an RPO type option & still have a chance to get drafted

In an RPO System, your QB can be as small as Kyler Murray, and still not take too many hits while throwing the ball a Ton to keep their NFL Dreams alive
He went to Auburn initially.