A Message our Players (Reposted from the other site.)

LibertyTurns

Banned
I thought there would be a ton of discussion regarding the latest recruiting tweet. I won’t comment much because I know how damn sensitive certain types are on here, but it’s straight shooting no doubt about that.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I pulled out the program I bought at the Carolina game. You can make of the numbers what you will, but to my eye there is not a big difference in size between teams. Carolina had heavier offensive linemen which has been discussed frequently on this board.

I could not figure a good way to format, sorry. Looks better on my spreadsheet.

Georgia Tech
Defensive end
A Owens 6-4 275
K dawson 6-3 258
Defensive Tackle
C Martin 6-1 285
B Glanton 6-3 302
Offensive Guard
C Hanson 6-2 314
J DeFoor 6-5 305
Offensive Tackle
J Southers 6-5 310
Z Quinney 6-6 295

Carolina
Defensive end
R Vohasek 6-3 280
T Fox 6-3 278
Defensive Tackle
J Stowbridge 6-5 285
X Gill 6-5 290
Offensive Guard
E Montilis 6-3 315
M McKethan 6-7 332
Offensive Tackle
J Tucker 6-7 335
J Ezeudu 6-4 325

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I thought there would be a ton of discussion regarding the latest recruiting tweet. I won’t comment much because I know how damn sensitive certain types are on here, but it’s straight shooting no doubt about that.
For those of us who don't tweet or twitter or whatever, drop a hint.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate what you are saying; however, you are not responding to my post. I did not say "when people are blaming talent." I said, "when people only allow blaming our players." There are some who resist any questioning of our coaching at all or any suggestion that coaching, including play-calling, may be a driver in our lack of success.

So, I think it is legitimate to raise talent as an issue resulting in a loss. However, I question whether it translates to how badly we're losing. I just can't accept that no difference in coaching could have resulted in us stopping Duke from scoring in the first half. I just can't accept that no difference in coaching could have resulted in our offense scoring against Temple. We are not talking just about losing. We're talking about losing horribly and performing really badly on both sides of the ball.

Fwiw, I think we may be closer in our opinions than this discussion may make it appear.

I think you are right that we are closer in our opinions than it would seem. I think we agree that the coaches aren’t perfect and, in fact, made some pretty egregious mistakes that cost us the Citadel game for sure. I haven’t really felt like people believe it’s ONLY a matter of talent. But it’s entirely probable I’ve missed quite a few posts. And if anyone thinks it IS only talent they are mistaken. We have enough talented young men to win football games. But to do that I think we’d need to be running the system we had because they are most familiar with that and, whatever anyone says, CPJs offense does make use of players differently than most other systems and that makes it harder to defend.

I felt like this was going to be a “rip off the bandaid” kind of year and genuinely didn’t know what to expect though I did think we’d get 3 - 4 wins.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't understand the problem. Has Juanyeh been benched? What is she upset about?

Edit: nevermind I just saw 33Jackets post.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

white coffey

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't understand the problem. Has Juanyeh been benched? What is she upset about?

Edit: nevermind I just saw 33Jackets post.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What don’t people understand? This board - and others - is full of people bashing our athletes. What do you think the parents and athletes think when you say the athletes suck? Oh, you weren’t talking about #1? That doesn’t cut it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
OK Mods I get nuked for taking a jab at the little girls crying incessantly on here. Now we got people brazenly bashing our Team now because God forbid they got recruited & played for the guy that for 11 years took dumps in their Wheaties.

Seriously, nobody can understand how disrespectful it is to our Team to be referring to them as losers, weak, crap, etc & how they can’t wait to get real players recruited to replace them? Nobody thinks this is divisive to a locker room? This continual underhanded jabbing of our players can’t be helping performance on the field.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
What don’t people understand? This board - and others - is full of people bashing our athletes. What do you think the parents and athletes think when you say the athletes suck? Oh, you weren’t talking about #1? That doesn’t cut it.

It is a fine line that I think most on here try to stay on the right side of when talking honestly without being disrespectful. Out in the Wild West of social media where I assune she is talking about? Not so much. But notice our twitter hype brigade did jump to his defense.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It is a fine line that I think most on here try to stay on the right side of when talking honestly without being disrespectful. Out in the Wild West of social media where I assune she is talking about? Not so much. But notice our twitter hype brigade did jump to his defense.
Dude, it’s just common decency to support the players on our Team. I know many on here hated our Team and couldn’t wait for a coaching change. At least some are now admitting to it, but maybe they could lay off the ones that stayed behind. Damn, we’re supposed to be rooting for GT not hoping anyone that had anything to do with the old coach crashes and burns.

white coffey

Georgia Tech Fan

Yeah, somewhere out there in the "Wild West"! Certainly not on here. LOL

O is ****.png