A Message our Players (Reposted from the other site.)

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, somewhere out there in the "Wild West"! Certainly not on here. LOL

View attachment 6961

Saying the defense is trash in a heat of the moment game thread isnt really trashing actual players. Pretty sure our offense and defense has been called all kinds of names this season. Look, I dont doubt you can find some actual examples on here, but not too many. The mods catch them, anyway, most of the time.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Saying the defense is trash in a heat of the moment game thread isnt really trashing actual players. Pretty sure our offense and defense has been called all kinds of names this season. Look, I dont doubt you can find some actual examples on here, but not too many. The mods catch them, anyway, most of the time.
Go back to page 3. It took me about 2 mins to pull down 10 or so. This board is not real different.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Go back to page 3. It took me about 2 mins to pull down 10 or so. This board is not real different.

I remember. One of my posts was in it. But again, assessing that we are smaller or slower at certain spots, relative to our opponents, or that some of our players aren't well suited for certain things...I think are in the bounds of honest discussion but there is definitely a line.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I remember. One of my posts was in it. But again, assessing that we are smaller or slower at certain spots, relative to our opponents, or that some of our players aren't well suited for certain things...I think are in the bounds of honest discussion but there is definitely a line.
Sorry, back to work as this is busy season for me. I’ll go mine some more gold for you tomorrow if I got time. There’s far worse on here. These were just quick to pull out.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I’ve said this before, so not to be repetitive, but until we have more talent and more depth in the trenches we are going to be a bad team. This is going to take a few years. It should improve some next year, but will take 2-4 years to get us on par even with teams like UVA, UNC, and Miami. We won with CPJ’s offense. The OL play was totally different than what we are doing now and his offense stayed on the field and limited possessions. We are doing square hole round peg stuff right now. Collins is going to get time to change it, so we might as well chill and try to enjoy the little things.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
This is not from GTSwarm.
You've got posts similar to the posts below all over your website. You really think the players and their families don't read these? Btw these are with 10 minutes of searching. If you know the posters and threads to look for, these posts and others are not hard to find.

Because he understands that roster management matters.

Because he knows you have to recruit actual QBs.

Because he knows that you have to recruit more OL & DL than we have, and one of the best ways to do that is by playing big boy football attractive to more than academy, tulane & KSU wannabes.

Look at the NFL draft history. There’s multiple FCS teams putting more guys in the league than us.

We don’t have an FBS QB. We don’t have an FBS OL. We don’t have an FBS WR corps. We don’t have an FBS MLB. We don’t have FBS DL.

We aren’t talented.

That being said we should have still won this game because The Citadel is a bad FCS team.

We got whooped upfront on both sides of the ball. Can’t coach that. Gotta get some horses in here or we are gonna be seeing a new coach before the MBS deal is up. Collins has to recruit or his scheme will never work.

That wasn’t my point. Mine was this current iteration of our offense is largely devoid of talent.

Not wrong at all. This is the least talented GT team I’ve seen since I started following. It’s barely debatable with 2015.

The cupboard is bare.

I have a feeling you aren’t old enough to have seen real talent at Tech.

The reason we have the coaching staff we have has a lot to do with the willingness to take a job with the current roster.

A proven commodity wouldn’t have taken on this rebuilding job.

I don’t understand why we can’t comprehend that.

it’s funny this coaching staff was left this talent and the fact they can’t coach them up is their fault. Not to mention our best dlineman died in the off-season. injuries are killing the oline which was bad to start. It’s going to be a long season. Recruit 25 or more for the next two years and get some talent in here. Our talent level right now is barely over Citadel’s talent plus we are learning a new offense. This is a 5 win team with cpj at best.

Really? If we had all this talent then we would have won today. We have talent in some positions but not nearly in all positions. All it takes is one player to blow up the play.

If this is not a rebuild then I am telling you we have FCS talent running an FBS offense as it stands. I don't want to always have FCS talent.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The problem is not that CGC needs to improve the program. That much is a fact. The problem I see is he & his staff shoved some very personal things right in their faces out in public view that put them in a bad way, quite frankly in a very disrespectful way & in a way he intended. He’s got some fence mending to do because it’s not just “the crappy players, FCS talent” that took offense but those that are the best we’ve got. You just don’t lead a Team like this & it’s why the “wait & see” Team crowd of which I’m a member is very cautious about all the hype. When does the slick, we all know what you mean jabs about his Team stop & we start focusing on GT playing football on Saturdays, ie fundamentals, game plan, readiness to make calls, etc plus get off all the extracurricular BS on the sidelines taking up staff time until the basics are mastered?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, somewhere out there in the "Wild West"! Certainly not on here. LOL

View attachment 6961
Since you took my post off another site I’ll play.
No where in that post was any player mentioned. It was referring to CDP and Coach Thacker. And it wasn’t a good look for recruits
If anyone wants to spin it a different way feel free. But no one can disagree the first half wasn’t just that! Was it posted while angry? Hell ya it was. Who isn’t angry at what’s going on. I still think Collins will get it right But to insinuate a certain player or players were called out is a little extreme.

Deleted member 2897

You (generic you) don’t have to name players. Saying we suck, have no talent, etc etc makes the same point. Hopefully we all can learn a lesson from this about how negatively impactful it can be to the players and their families. Why can’t we be the fan base that is relentlessly positive and forever faithful to their team? Coaches will always be treated a bit differently, but let’s just try to protect and insulate our student athletes a little better.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The problem I see is he & his staff shoved some very personal things right in their faces out in public view that put them in a bad way, quite frankly in a very disrespectful way & in a way he intended. He’s got some fence mending to do because it’s not just “the crappy players, FCS talent” that took offense but those that are the best we’ve got.

can you be specific, what are you referring to. Because he has been very vocal on the size and difficulty of the transition, but has always been complimentary of our SA's; and says he is blessed to coach em etc. Sure he has pointed out other teams have great players and we are working to get there. But for our good players he has called them elite. Guys like Riq, and juanyeh, oliver etc.

So I would like if you can detail what you mean here. What did he say where he has to mend fences, that was direct, not some fan inferred comment? Maybe I missed it, and we all did.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I’ve said this before, so not to be repetitive, but until we have more talent and more depth in the trenches we are going to be a bad team. This is going to take a few years. It should improve some next year, but will take 2-4 years to get us on par even with teams like UVA, UNC, and Miami. We won with CPJ’s offense. The OL play was totally different than what we are doing now and his offense stayed on the field and limited possessions. We are doing square hole round peg stuff right now. Collins is going to get time to change it, so we might as well chill and try to enjoy the little things.
+++++++

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
can you be specific, what are you referring to. Because he has been very vocal on the size and difficulty of the transition, but has always been complimentary of our SA's; and says he is blessed to coach em etc. Sure he has pointed out other teams have great players and we are working to get there. But for our good players he has called them elite. Guys like Riq, and juanyeh, oliver etc.

So I would like if you can detail what you mean here. What did he say where he has to mend fences, that was direct, not some fan inferred comment? Maybe I missed it, and we all did.
He threw serious shade at prior regime, so there is at least that.

After loss to Citadel he pinned it on the players, saying to the media STTE “in the locker room, I flagged the reasons why we lost but out here, it’s all on me” (and then proceeded to deny one of the biggest blunders which was clock mismanagement).

list could go on for a while but these are examples.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I still have to ask to ask the question:what happened to the coaching theory that a good one fitted his offense (and defense) to the players, and not the other way around? I don't think asking Graham to throw 35 times is good coaching, or claiming some moral victory because we closed the gap against a team rapidly losing interest in the second half is leadership. I hope we can stop the leaking against Miami -- second to Duke on my personal enemies list -- but I am afraid they will take the opportunity to run it up.

Animal02

Banned
You (generic you) don’t have to name players. Saying we suck, have no talent, etc etc makes the same point. Hopefully we all can learn a lesson from this about how negatively impactful it can be to the players and their families. Why can’t we be the fan base that is relentlessly positive and forever faithful to their team? Coaches will always be treated a bit differently, but let’s just try to protect and insulate our student athletes a little better.
You ever see the game day chat? There are plenty of idiots calling out players by name that have been.doing it for years. His post was rather generic.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Me???? It was referring to DP and Thacker. Also was from another site and was in a convo with other comments. For anyone to single that post out is completely foolish. Again. Not once was a player(s) named! And if a parent or a SA thinks my one post which again wasn’t directed at them or their child was offensive, then they’re gonna have a hard time at another program or in the real world.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You ever see the game day chat? There are plenty of idiots calling out players by name that have been.doing it for years. His post was rather generic.
It is not an apt comparison perhaps, but maybe instructive. I have a retired newspaper editor as a neighbor, who adamantly insisted on calling out politicians and the powerful by name for what he considered a simple reason: "If you write that the county commissioners made a stupid decision, every one of them will agree with you. Call them out by name if you want to make a point." I am a little uncertain about naming college football players, but it makes no sense to say, for instance, that our quarterback was bad without naming said quarterback.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He threw serious shade at prior regime, so there is at least that.

After loss to Citadel he pinned it on the players, saying to the media STTE “in the locker room, I flagged the reasons why we lost but out here, it’s all on me” (and then proceeded to deny one of the biggest blunders which was clock mismanagement).

list could go on for a while but these are examples.

yeah, a bit weak. But whatever. Alot of loose interpretation by fans. And I don't think he threw shade at the prior regime too much; its true, we were a system based offense, that recruited a certain type, that doesn't fit what he wants to do, that ran what they ran. He also said they did it well, effectively, and routinely said great kids of high character.

If he has to apologize for warning his team after citadel how a bad weak of preparation and lack of discipline affects on field results, after warning them ALL FIN WEEK, then screw it he has no hope. Weak examples, you don't know what was said, but I got more info on it. Some of have been in a lockerroom, some of you clearly haven't. Do you know how many times coaches yell at players and do the, you need to focus and respond discussion???? LOL. He said it remains private and ultimately he is responsible. My lord

like i said, I don't recall any example he needs to apologize for. Just people reading into how they want to. The CPJ crowd is overly sensitive too...and that adds to it

for every example you point out as shade, i can count 3x how he says he is blessed to be around these kids and they are great. So again, glass is half empty views imo