A few things.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well, yeah. But when there’s no variety the masses tend to be correct. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” I think that quote applies here. Our inside zones and counters have been highly ineffective on this continent this year. Is it blocking or defensive scheme? Probably a bit of both. The O line isn’t performing exceptionally well, but it also seems like we are putting them in a bad spot where they simply don’t have enough bodies cover defenders. Whatever it is, we seemingly aren’t doing anything to address it, as it’s been a month and we keep running into the backsides of our linemen. We can’t keep this up. The coaches need to either fix the blocking issues or scheme around our deficiencies.
This is what's bothering me. I fear that we are so determined to dominate the LOS that we're going to keep up the beatings until the morale improves.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
not sure it's the loss per se, but probably more the manner of the loss. and letting games get away

A few things. I’m sure I’ll get flamed by some.

I wanna start out by saying, I think it’s interesting when 90% of the posters on here predicted anywhere from 5-7 wins before the season, and most on here were predicting us to lose this game (go back and look at the prediction thread and preseason win total thread), yet when we actually lose a game we’re expected lose, people lose their minds. (We opened as a 10 point dog.)

Losing sucks. I absolutely hate losing, especially when we gifted them a couple scores, but we did in my opinion play a deeper team with superior talent at their place…who’s also ranked and undefeated and won 10 games a year ago with a title game appearance and reloaded via the portal. It wasn’t Bowling Green.

3-2 is I think where most thought we’d be at this point in the season, but when we’re actually 3-2, the sky is falling. I figured we’d be 3-2, but with the FSU and Cuse games flipped. I still think McCord is one of the top 1-2 quarterbacks we’ll face.

I know fandom can make people irrational, but after losing ON THE ROAD to pretty good Syracuse and Louisville teams, people are wondering where we’re gonna find the other wins to become bowl eligible, which, again, was kind of our target given our schedule, which all of a sudden doesn’t seem as daunting, because…

We still get to play…
- Duke (Beat terrible MTSU, Elon…and beat terrible UCONN and NW by 5 & 6 pts.)
- UNC (Seemingly terrible but gef will pull out all the stops to beat us. His Super Bowl)
- Notre Dame (Maybe not as good as we thought but will be tough. At least we don’t travel. Probably be like a home game for them though.)
- Seemingly terrible VT
- Seemingly terrible NCSU

We CAN win all of those. We also get Miami at home and you never know what can happen in COFH. We better than Kentucky? GA loses 2-4 between now and then, I can see that culture imploding.

Keep in mind Cuse and Louisville had all the time in the world to prepare for us. We were Cuse’s second game following Ohio, Louisville got a bye before us after playing Jax St and Austin Peay. We’ve haven’t rested while globe trotting. We finally get a much needed bye. We lose to Duke? Yes, we would have the green light to panic.

Having said all that. No excuses. Win every game.

***One little extra tidbit I saw on twitter yesterday. The ones moaning the loudest about coaching and play calling…most of the time don’t even know what formation we’re in, or what personnel we have out, or what coverage we’re in. The same ones who think our defense gave up 31 points yesterday. Thought that was funny. And true.

Relax, guys. We’re fine. For now.
We all want to win.

Lets be specific on a one play.

On the 4th and short at the end.

We had run utm 3 times.= Run the ballll. Who called these plays?

On 4th we again had jumbo and single back.

Looking past Key into back ground the formation had one wr and one db. The wr is Singleton - hoping to be in highly rated and get to NFL
The Qb has the highest % completion in acc. He wants to win and has won many games at the end and he also wants the ball.

King to Singleton with single coverage would be an automatic hot route. Does Key trust King and Singleton to get a slant route and make catch of get PI?

Somebody trusted the ol and a rb converted from wr to utm 4 times in a row. But they were inadequate.

We will never know if our very good qb and wr could make that play. Would have been fun.

We still would have lost imo.
Its just not the way i want to go down.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
We all want to win.

Lets be specific on a one play.

On the 4th and short at the end.

We had run utm 3 times.= Run the ballll. Who called these plays?

On 4th we again had jumbo and single back.

Looking past Key into back ground the formation had one wr and one db. The wr is Singleton - hoping to be in highly rated and get to NFL
The Qb has the highest % completion in acc. He wants to win and has won many games at the end and he also wants the ball.

King to Singleton with single coverage would be an automatic hot route. Does Key trust King and Singleton to get a slant route and make catch of get PI?

Somebody trusted the ol and a rb converted from wr to utm 4 times in a row. But they were inadequate.

We will never know if our very good qb and wr could make that play. Would have been fun.

We still would have lost imo.
Its just not the way i want to go down.
My thoughts exactly. Quick slant is a first down and maybe more in that play unless King misses him or Singleton drops it.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Key is building a culture of toughness. We don't deserve to win a game if we cannot make it on third and fourth down with a yard or two to gain. I hope this investment in drilling this into our players will pay off sooner rather than later, but it may be next year or even the year after that. We are not making the progress I expected so far but I think we are building toward that. Some of our guys just have to get better, play harder and develop a refuse to lose attitude. Every game is going to be a nail biter the rest of this year. We can win them all but at the same time we can lose them all if we do not take that step forward.

Go Jackets!