A few notes from last night's show

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
What difference does that make? Miami & Clemsonhave already beaten us, and thankfully we don't play FSU. Watch for Pitt to man handle us this weekend. BTW, Tech is the homecoming team for Pitt.
The difference is that if you put people on their backside, their speed does not matter so much. Miami 2014 was a good example of this. Corn Elder made a fine play on their end of the field but the block on the next play put him on his *** and we scored.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
True. I admit, I am jealous when I attend a game in Knoxville or Tuscaloosa and see 105,000 screaming fans. But those schools are STATE schools. They truly do represent the state.

When the Birmingham Americans of the old USFL formed, Bear Bryant said "good luck". Many states identify by the state school even if you didn't go there. It's just the way it is.

Auburn will always suffer by comparison to Alabama.
Tech will always suffer by comparison to Georgie.
Vanderbilt will always suffer by comparison to Tennessee.

Can Tech sell out a 55,000 seat stadium. Yes. Do they want to? No. I have no idea why they won't. But ... I will say this ... the Game Day experience today is vastly better than 30 years ago. It is fun to go to the game and if I could do one thing .... it would be be move all the games to night games. It is just great.

It seems we rarely have much control on kick off time anymore.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The difference is that if you put people on their backside, their speed does not matter so much. Miami 2014 was a good example of this. Corn Elder made a fine play on their end of the field but the block on the next play put him on his *** and we scored.
Amazing what happens when blocking takes place as designed [emoji16]

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It seems we rarely have much control on kick off time anymore.
I saw a piece this week, forget where, but schools have no control over start time if it the game is televised, particularly by ESPN. They schedule them throughout the day for maximum commercial exposure and where once upon a time start times were known weeks or months in advance, now it is sometimes 10 days or less. All that TV money has a hook.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Let's face it, most of the alumni fans sing about how great they are at their jobs and what great family they have or are going to have and how much alcohol that can buy and drink, and they do it every time team scores. You can't get much more elitist than that.
I don't know how I missed this before but it is hilarious. Well done sir!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
If we don't fill the stadium, we feel like a high school program. But I've always felt that cheaper tickets are needed to get the stands filled. DCS is correct, we don't have enough fanatics in the area to do it for lesser quality games. Here at UF, they sell the majority of the stadium at $20 or less for OOC games (better seats can go up to $200, and the BEST seats are for "Bull Gators" who contribute >$15k per year). So, how about this.....we sell half price tickets intended to attract more GT fans? Then, if you show up wearing non-GT colors, you have to buy a $10 t-shirt (gold perhaps, and @Supersizethatorder-mutt can choose the acceptable color palette).
I’ve always said, with the number of people in Atlanta, make unsold tickets cheap for walk ups. People are looking for something to do.

slugboy

Staff member
Why was this thread resurrected after about a year...twice now?
giphy.gif
giphy.gif