9-4

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Agreed. Jordan is Gts starter on opening day barring injury.

He is the starter heading into spring. But if he gets outplayed in the spring and fall preseason....he won't stay there.

If you are saying he is good QB and appears tough to beat out.....I agree. Will take hella performance by underclassman to beat him. The nuances of our O are tough to master. I think MJ has a very solid grasp on that now though.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking at the defensive stats on the ESPN site, I noticed Jay Jones with .5 TFL. Did he really play or could that be a mistake? I thought he was a QB and was redshirting this year.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I think so but ................
Yeah I don't see them putting us in the top 25 to end this season but I would guess we will be like 23-25 at the start of the next season due to the way we ended and to hype up/sell tickets for the kickoff game against Tennessee. Ranked vs Ranked will help their ratings even if there's no way to justify the rankings.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
There will be no "battle".

MJ is the odds on favorite, but if you don't think CPJ is going to make it a competition then you don't know CPJ. MJ is going to have to earn QB1.

Tevin was an established starter heading into 2012 and a senior, but he had to battle Vad to maintain his starting job. What was it CPJ said in 2012? (Paraphrasing) "We gave Vad every chance to take the job, he just couldn't". I'm an MJ fan and have defended him a lot, but he has nowhere hear the experience Tevin had, or even JeT had going into 2014. If MJ is QB1, it'll be because he was the best QB on our roster and earned in.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
MJ is the odds on favorite, but if you don't think CPJ is going to make it a competition then you don't know CPJ. MJ is going to have to earn QB1.

Tevin was an established starter heading into 2012 and a senior, but he had to battle Vad to maintain his starting job. What was it CPJ said in 2012? (Paraphrasing) "We gave Vad every chance to take the job, he just couldn't". I'm an MJ fan and have defended him a lot, but he has nowhere hear the experience Tevin had, or even JeT had going into 2014. If MJ is QB1, it'll be because he was the best QB on our roster and earned in.
Kind of like he did with MM/DM

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Do we still p
Looking at the defensive stats on the ESPN site, I noticed Jay Jones with .5 TFL. Did he really play or could that be a mistake? I thought he was a QB and was redshirting this year.
Seem to remember him getting switched in pre season.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
This.season was.CPJ's best coaching job. These kids could have quit multiple times during the year, but they always found a way to scratch and claw their way back. This year was even more satisfying than 2016 for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I'm pretty sure that's a mistake. Maybe Cottrell 31 not 13 made special teams tackle. Jay is a red shirting qb.