9-4

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I was really pleased with today's effort. Particularly the defense manned up and stuffed Kentucky most of the game and on some big downs. After a season of criticism, deserved, I was glad to see them perform. Having said that, I am somewhat unfulfilled because I think had our offense also stepped up Tech could have broken the scoreboard on Kentucky, and after Stoops started off behaving like a petulant child I was hoping they would. I think i saw some 2014 offensive line redux in there, but to win convincingly when you're not at your best -- I don't think -- is doggoned impressive. And right now I am saying eight starters back on both sides, and 2017 ought to be ... except I thought the same thing going to '15 from '14.

And in passing I think the new AD's ringing coronation of Johnson was validated in Jacksonville. Ask Stoops, because I think he was afraid of him. His offense, I mean.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I was really pleased with today's effort. Particularly the defense manned up and stuffed Kentucky most of the game and on some big downs. After a season of criticism, deserved, I was glad to see them perform. Having said that, I am somewhat unfulfilled because I think had our offense also stepped up Tech could have broken the scoreboard on Kentucky, and after Stoops started off behaving like a petulant child I was hoping they would. I think i saw some 2014 offensive line redux in there, but to win convincingly when you're not at your best -- I don't think -- is doggoned impressive. And right now I am saying eight starters back on both sides, and 2017 ought to be ... except I thought the same thing going to '15 from '14.

And in passing I think the new AD's ringing coronation of Johnson was validated in Jacksonville. Ask Stoops, because I think he was afraid of him. His offense, I mean.
I just looked at the Lexington newspaper. They thumped Stoops pretty good for losing his composure when the team needed him most.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
This second half of the season was special. When we blew the Pitt game late, I think I was as frustrated as I've ever been as a GT fan. I knew we could have had that one and I was worried we wouldn't be any better than 6-6 this year. The team showed grit, heart, perseverance. 9-4 feels so special, and I hope it motivates the boys returning to want 10 next year.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Qb position obviously the key here. A bit nervous about that. Also defensively i still have trouble seeing us taking the next step. But who knows