8 seed california bakersfield vs 6 seed gt in the final 4 of the nit

gtuberfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually didn't think we played that great, and that we had several chances to blow it open by like 30. Just shows how vastly improved we are that we can coast at times and never let a 25 win team even sniff a chance at coming back.

Only two teams get to win their last game of he season, baby! Let's go!

Well technically 4 do lol

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Another really good game by the Jackets. We are really playing good basketball right now and we have learned how to close a game out. Okogie is a beast! Moore still scares me on defense but he attacked the basket and played well. Ogbanda looked kinda lost and fouls way too easily.

These guys play as a team and they all pass well and do not lose their composure. Sad to think they only have one game left but thankful it's a championship! Go Jackets!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I need to rewatch this game.

I was on twitter, in the chat room, looking at my newly drafted baseball team, having some bourbon, and I look up and we are up 13.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I actually didn't think we played that great, and that we had several chances to blow it open by like 30. Just shows how vastly improved we are that we can coast at times and never let a 25 win team even sniff a chance at coming back.

Only two teams get to win their last game of he season, baby! Let's go!
I agree. Played great defense like always but we seemed very sloppy otherwise. We were just physically superior to them. They couldn’t do anything offensively against Lammers.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
sorry but i just didnt see their press affecting us much at all. from my view they were not even close to being the best defensive team weve played this year.

We had some bad turnovers against it after the game was already ours. Mostly though we kept them from scoring enough to set the press when the game was still competitive.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
We had a season low 7 turnovers, so their press didn't affect us that much

Their half-court defense didn't affect us that much (from a turnover standpoint). The press did cause some turnovers, and we didn't really fundamentally play it well, but their pressure also wasn't all that swarming. Add it up however you like I suppose. They were mostly aggressive man-man in the half-court but didn't have much length to disrupt passes.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The guy who fouled Heyward in the face at the end of the game should have been ejected as well as just fouling out. That was a really low class thing to do. Proud of the way Heyward reacted or should I say didn't react. I am really glad he stayed with the team this year. A great contributor and good teammate.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The guy who fouled Heyward in the face at the end of the game should have been ejected as well as just fouling out. That was a really low class thing to do. Proud of the way Heyward reacted or should I say didn't react. I am really glad he stayed with the team this year. A great contributor and good teammate.

Agree about Heyward. I think the kid who hit him probably just lost his balance/control rather than being malicious. Just my take.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Agree about Heyward. I think the kid who hit him probably just lost his balance/control rather than being malicious. Just my take.

It was Matt Smith's 5th foul so he was already ejected. He is a senior so he won't play again so there was no reason to contemplate a flagrant 2 instead of the flagrant 1 given.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
It was Matt Smith's 5th foul so he was already ejected. He is a senior so he won't play again so there was no reason to contemplate a flagrant 2 instead of the flagrant 1 given.

He would have been hit with a flagrant 2 if he had dribbled the ball off of Heyward's head. Then he would have had to sit out the first class of grad school.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There is a difference between fouling out and ejection. He would have been forced to leave the court. That was more like a punch. Very poor sportsmanship shown and no apology afterward.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I disagree with you, AE (shocking, right?). The guy standing over him glaring at our players should be evidence enough that it wasn't a, 'oh, my bad' moment.

He should've been ejected if only for the purposes of having him appropriately leave the court in disgrace.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I disagree with you, AE (shocking, right?). The guy standing over him glaring at our players should be evidence enough that it wasn't a, 'oh, my bad' moment.

He should've been ejected if only for the purposes of having him appropriately leave the court in disgrace.
Bakersfield was a bunch of thugs who couldn't handle getting their arses kicked:mad:;)(y)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Bakersfield was a bunch of thugs who couldn't handle getting their arses kicked:mad:;)(y)

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I'd say they were basically a poorly-coached team that couldn't defensively handle the way the game was being called. Thus it became a foul-show. That one kid, IMHO, did indeed pull a bush league move. I wouldn't collectively call them the t-word. I didn't see anything else during the game that I consider t-word-ish.

Speaking of poorly-coached, why was BSPN dead-set on trying to convince us Barnes is/ever was a good coach?