8 seed california bakersfield vs 6 seed gt in the final 4 of the nit

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I disagree with you, AE (shocking, right?). The guy standing over him glaring at our players should be evidence enough that it wasn't a, 'oh, my bad' moment.

He should've been ejected if only for the purposes of having him appropriately leave the court in disgrace.

You're going to see what you're predisposed to see I guess. Smdh, "standing over him glaring at our players," give me a break.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You're going to see what you're predisposed to see I guess. Smdh, "standing over him glaring at our players," give me a break.

Ugh, Eh, Ah......I can see it both ways. I don't see the glare. I don't see any remorse either. The high fives? Eh. But he did just end his career so.....

I dunno.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ugh, Eh, Ah......I can see it both ways. I don't see the glare. I don't see any remorse either. The high fives? Eh. But he did just end his career so.....

I dunno.

I reckon most ball handlers react, probably take a step back, when a defender charges out to cover them. Corey didn't.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Well, I wouldn't go that far. I'd say they were basically a poorly-coached team that couldn't defensively handle the way the game was being called. Thus it became a foul-show. That one kid, IMHO, did indeed pull a bush league move. I wouldn't collectively call them the t-word. I didn't see anything else during the game that I consider t-word-ish.

Speaking of poorly-coached, why was BSPN dead-set on trying to convince us Barnes is/ever was a good coach?
ESPN just loves to pick out a team and play cheerleader however i've never seen them do that for GT;) When GT wins the NIT Championship they wont give GT any credit nor will they give any recognition to Coach Pastner.:banghead: All they will be talking about is the great job Brian Gregory did in building this team:vomit::banghead:

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
The guy who fouled Heyward in the face at the end of the game should have been ejected as well as just fouling out. That was a really low class thing to do. Proud of the way Heyward reacted or should I say didn't react. I am really glad he stayed with the team this year. A great contributor and good teammate.[/Q]

before that one of their players gave justin moore a good shove from behind and said "come on" when justin glared at him. jm responded by scoring 6 points over the next few minutes.

i hope we never act like that.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
That one guy on their team was hilarious right when he touched the ball he immediately threw up some crazy ****. He even had the announcers laughing.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I just went to the ACC Digital Network YouTube channel to find a highlight video to post in this thread.

Nothing.

But they managed to put together the Harry Giles Official Highlights video.

Yes, Harry Giles. Highlights. In the same sentence. Apparently happened this year. Who knew?

#TobaccoRoadMafia

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I just went to the ACC Digital Network YouTube channel to find a highlight video to post in this thread.

Nothing.

But they managed to put together the Harry Giles Official Highlights video.

Yes, Harry Giles. Highlights. In the same sentence. Apparently happened this year. Who knew?

#TobaccoRoadMafia
The GT IMG Network on Tunein is good;)

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
The guy who fouled Heyward in the face at the end of the game should have been ejected as well as just fouling out. That was a really low class thing to do. Proud of the way Heyward reacted or should I say didn't react. I am really glad he stayed with the team this year. A great contributor and good teammate.
Agree! But I still say we should have moved him to BB his Frosh year. This is Ironhead's son after all.

Watched the game from a hotel room last night. Scrambled to grab takeout during halftime and had XM 84 on in case I missed the start of the 2nd half. The play-by-play guy for Westwood One was... Brandon Gaudin.
A friend of mine also listened that broadcast and claimed that Brandon didn't really give Tech as much credit as he thought he should. Do you agree or not?

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Wes Durham does that a lot as well. Especially early on, he clearly wanted to avoid any suggestion that he had even been Tech's broadcaster. It was really annoying and hurt his style because he wouldn't even express any excitement at great plays, like anyone would normally, if on the Jackets side.