4 and 1 against Duke

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
I'd like him to say something besides "If we execute, we make the play". Without throwing the players under the bus, just say "We probably should've called a different play." The guy's getting paid almost $3 million to coach players getting paid $0. The least he can do is not hold them responsible. Do we, as fans, know that...if the players make plays, we get the 1st? Of course. So there's no need to get defensive about the play-call, Coach. Be a man and admit it was the wrong play WITHOUT kicking the players while they're down. And let's be honest here: It was a King Stupid playcall to begin with. "Let's run a dive right at their biggest DL freak." was stupid...almost as stupid as throwing a mere 10 passes against the worst pass defense in all of college football.

I'm just baffled why so many Tech fans want to defend the coach rather than the players. They're freaking 18-21 year old student athletes doing their best. They're not being paid millions, unlike the Coach. Coach needs to be a man and suck up his pride sometimes.
I agree that CPJ sounds like he's blaming the players sometimes. But it is wrong to say that sometimes they shouldn't be blamed. Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone should be held accountable for them – even students, some of whom (as CPJ has said) need a pick-me-up and some of whom need someone in their face. Whether CPJ blames the right people in the right balance, is another question.

giphy.gif
Nice pic of urself.