4 and 1 against Duke

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
4 and 1 was a dive call with no AB on that side. The LB was in the gap. That play had no chance. 3 on 2 is not good. Pad level was not great on the BBack. Clock was winding down with 1 time out left. If GT could of checked to a rocket toss to that side would have been great, but no time to check.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
4 and 1 was a dive call with no AB on that side. The LB was in the gap. That play had no chance. 3 on 2 is not good. Pad level was not great on the BBack. Clock was winding down with 1 time out left. If GT could of checked to a rocket toss to that side would have been great, but no time to check.

CPJ sent Divine in the game for that play. His arrival in the game was obvious (even to my daughter who called the play before the huddle broke). The Duke OLB moved into the gap, probably after also noticing Devine coming into the game, (making it 3 to 2, no chance as you said). I thought surely we would check out to the other side or rocket toss to the vacated OLB side. I could not believe we stayed with the play. Even my daughter saw and projected this disaster of a play call not checked.

If there was no time to check even a QB sneak was better than staying with the play call against that D alignment.

I'm sure CPJ will again blame the players if asked rather than take responsibility for the terrible play call itself. See Pitt game as an example.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
CPJ sent Divine in the game for that play. His arrival in the game was obvious (even to my daughter who called the play before the huddle broke). The Duke OLB moved into the gap, probably after also noticing Devine coming into the game, (making it 3 to 2, no chance as you said). I thought surely we would check out to the other side or rocket toss to the vacated OLB side. I could not believe we stayed with the play. Even my daughter saw and projected this disaster of a play call not checked.

If there was no time to check even a QB sneak was better than staying with the play call against that D alignment.

Maybe SD was winded running in... at least there was some conversation to that point in the seats around me before the play took place.

Jmonty71

Banned
In this offense, 4th and 1 should be a given. CPJ doesn't trust his defense, that's apparent. Regardless, that was a win. Pitt should of been a win, but we didn't get the breaks needed.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Rocket toss would work, but we should be running sneaks or midline every time on 4th and 1 and picking them all up. Jordan should have come in, sneak, first down, end of discussion. Don't know why we use him on the goal line but not on 4th and 1...seems crazy to me