28 - 27 Final !!!!!!!! GT BEATS UGA Postgame Comments

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Next year will be even better. That's what I took from it. Qua, our thanks today. Big blocks, catches and runs (leaps) will go down in history

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone think that Mark Richt would have lost to UT or today with a 13 point lead?

OldGold, this is the thought that keeps coming back to me too. Richt's passing game always looked pro quality, brilliantly choreographed. Their passing game looked amateurish by comparison yesterday. Had Richt or Bobo been calling the plays, as easy as they were running the ball, they would have exploded on us with big plays from play action.

Another thing I'm guessing at. Last year Lambert put every pass on the money. I don't see Lambert throwing the ball behind the receiver on the interception which turned the game. Even in their last minute desperation drive, he threw behind the tight end. I think Smart bowed to fan pressure to play the pheenom too early.

Smart may end up a great coach. But for now, let's get some more wins before he grows into the job.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
OldGold, this is the thought that keeps coming back to me too. Richt's passing game always looked pro quality, brilliantly choreographed. Their passing game looked amateurish by comparison yesterday. Had Richt or Bobo been calling the plays, as easy as they were running the ball, they would have exploded on us with big plays from play action.

Another thing I'm guessing at. Last year Lambert put every pass on the money. I don't see Lambert throwing the ball behind the receiver on the interception which turned the game. Even in their last minute desperation drive, he threw behind the tight end. I think Smart bowed to fan pressure to play the pheenom too early.

Smart may end up a great coach. But for now, let's get some more wins before he grows into the job.

Not true. I'm not sure you guys understand how bad they are at WR position. In the words of alajacket, there WRs wouldn't crack our 2 Deep, well maybe Godwin at ABack. UGA would take Jeune, Brad Stewart, & Lynch in a heartbeat

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Not true. I'm not sure you guys understand how bad they are at WR position. In the words of alajacket, there WRs wouldn't crack our 2 Deep, well maybe Godwin at ABack. UGA would take Jeune, Brad Stewart, & Lynch in a heartbeat

Interesting that we had more yards passing and they had more yards rushing.

Milwaukee

Banned

How is this even possible? I'm not disagreeing, but how is it all of a sudden they are terrible at that position? The AJC and UGa fans have been screaming it all year, but we've done nothing but claim that to be an excuse. So, is UGa lacking talent all of a sudden?

The whole thing doesn't add up.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ohhhhh crap. Please do not start this already. Refresh by reading preseason 2015 posts.

This team has one more game this season.

WE HAVE NOT ARRIVED! Just as we had not arrived in 1991, 2010, and 2015.
Yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm pretty sure that if we hadn't run into injury Armageddeon in 2015 every one of those posts before that year would have been right. And we would have been in position to play for the ACC this year; we got set back something fierce in terms of player development. Nothing that happened in 2015 had anything much to do with recruiting, working harder, coaching better, or any of the other fan cliches.

Further, should we run into a similar raft of injuries in 2017 - but Heaven forfend - we would be in a heap of trouble. There's also the inevitable attrition in the off season to contend with. Even with that, however, I think the personnel we have coming back are enough to insure a good, perhaps a great year. You want to know what we'll look like? Like we did at VT. Like Navy this year. I bet Coach is with child to see that team on the field. With good reason.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
During one of the last two drives, we got called for an illegal formation penalty and CPJ went ballistic on the sidelines. At first, I thought he was mad at our guys, then it became apparent he was pissed at the zebras. Anybody know what that was all about?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
How is this even possible? I'm not disagreeing, but how is it all of a sudden they are terrible at that position? The AJC and UGa fans have been screaming it all year, but we've done nothing but claim that to be an excuse. So, is UGa lacking talent all of a sudden?

The whole thing doesn't add up.

Other than Mckensie, there's not really any explosion in that group. Even with Mckensie you are not are afraid because he small (160ish?) I guess they tried the Bama approach of loading up on the trenches on both and forgot about the skill positions other than RB. I guess you can look at like our LB group. We think those guys are talented but they just lacking in the playmaking area.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Other than Mckensie, there's not really any explosion in that group. Even with Mckensie you are not are afraid because he small (160ish?) I guess they tried the Bama approach of loading up on the trenches on both and forgot about the skill positions other than RB
They got big TE's.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. We think those guys are talented but they just lacking in the playmaking area.

I agree that LB is the position group most in need of upgrading. (I am assuming that our young DT's will develop). Our LB's get tangled up in clutter and can not get off blocks.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
During one of the last two drives, we got called for an illegal formation penalty and CPJ went ballistic on the sidelines. At first, I thought he was mad at our guys, then it became apparent he was pissed at the zebras. Anybody know what that was all about?
Yeah, he was mad at the ref for blowing the call.
;)