28 - 27 Final !!!!!!!! GT BEATS UGA Postgame Comments

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
During one of the last two drives, we got called for an illegal formation penalty and CPJ went ballistic on the sidelines. At first, I thought he was mad at our guys, then it became apparent he was pissed at the zebras. Anybody know what that was all about?

The call was that we had five men in the backfield. When I rewatched t this morning it looked like they said the left A back was back there when he was supposed to be in the LOS. It was kind of a BS call because he wasn't any farther back than a couple of the linemen. Johnson said to the ref that he'd been lining up like that the whole game (plus a few expletives)

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think there may have been a miss call. There was a false start/illegal motion by an Aback... not illegal formation as called.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
After further review, surely we actually lost this game. I was told our offense wouldn't allow us to come back from a double-digit deficit. Certainly not all in the 4th quarter. Nah, can't happen.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
After further review, surely we actually lost this game. I was told our offense wouldn't allow us to come back from a double-digit deficit. Certainly not all in the 4th quarter. Nah, can't happen.

True, plus Kirby had 7 months to prepare.

Kirk Herbstreit makes rivalry Saturday picks
Georgia Tech at Georgia
"I'm taking Georgia. It has everything to do with Kirby Smart getting these guys ready. He’s been working since spring football for Paul Johnson."

Animal02

Banned
Some butt hurt from a Ugag forum.
"Yep, that's the ticket. Blame the OC. Next year when we win 6 games we can blame the DC. In 2018 we'll blame Mark Richt again just for old time's sake. In 2019 we can fire Greg McGarity and refurbish Sanford stadium to revive game attendance. By about 2020 the hot topic will be whether we should join the sunbelt conference, which we would not have won this year either.

But just wait til Kirby gets our talent up to Georgia Tech's level."

LibertyTurns

Banned
And I love this as much as I loved the graph in 2014... ESPN's win probability had Georgia at 97.4% chance to win after Searcy was TFL'd on the failed 4th down attempt. 98% to win when we got the ball at our own 6 yd line and JJ Green was tackled for a 2 yd loss on 1st down.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869070
ESPN's calculation doesn't take not account GT's quick strike/ big play capability of our offensive scheme. Their calculation is based on the boring 5-7yd per play dink & dunk NFL style offenses used by all those great SEC teams, wannabee imitators and the like. They need to develop a decent calaculation just for GT.

Animal02

Banned

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Typical reporting from the local Atlanta media hacks. WXIA (channel 11) reported online ( http://www.11alive.com/sports/yellow-jackets-stomp-on-ugas-g-destroy-hedges-after-win/356140421 ) that the Yellow Jackets stomped on the G at Sanford and Son Stadium (oh, the horror of it all, but I wonder if they reported the same thing that the dwags did last year at Bobby Dodd), but then destroyed the hedges. Unfortunately, since my computer has a setting that filters out BS, I can't see the video that is on their website. And the local stations wonder why no one takes them seriously.

I'm surprised the lede wasn't, "Tech Engineers Euthanize Dogs at 4H event in Athens".

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I think there may have been a miss call. There was a false start/illegal motion by an Aback... not illegal formation as called.

PJ said it was an illegal formation call in the postgame presser. We were in our Over Green formation where an A-Back lines up as a TE and they claimed he wasn't on the line hence the five men in the backfield comment by the ref. You have to watch the replay closely because they show something else then cut to the play live right as the ball is snapped. bke84's lip-reading skills are pretty good.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Not true. I'm not sure you guys understand how bad they are at WR position. In the words of alajacket, there WRs wouldn't crack our 2 Deep, well maybe Godwin at ABack. UGA would take Jeune, Brad Stewart, & Lynch in a heartbeat

And yet, CPJ could swap rosters with UG and beat the everliving hell outta them with their "untalented" team