28 - 27 Final !!!!!!!! GT BEATS UGA Postgame Comments

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is another thing concerning the refs. Once when they were in the red zone one of their tackles came flying into a pile after the play and slammed one of our guys on the ground. Even the SEC network announcers said it was a blatant usportsmanlike foul, but it wasn't called. Call that and they might very well be looking at another field goal try on fourth down.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I love all of the revised history the sports media prognosticators are spewing this morning. Pre season this was a 10 win plus Bulldawg team that was going to give Alabama all it could handle in the SEC championship game and had a good shot of making the College football final four and once you get to that level why not just go ahead and win it.

Now they are a team that Mark Richt left the cupboard bare, their rookie QB (who was the next coming) is under going growing pains, their all world running backs and offensive line underachieved and their 5 star laden defense is still learning Kirby's defense.

The truth is, like every single year, the Bulldawgs were over rated. Only an idiot would project great success for a team with a new Coach, a freshman QB and a star running back coming off a severe knee injury. Facts are they are mediocre and have been for most years lately. Yeah they have a lot of advantages to Tech but in reality, our talent and program are not that far apart. Most of our games lately are very close and if our guys can overcome their inferiority complex, we should beat Georgia at least 50% of the time.

I know few will agree with my assessment but I think a lot of folks, including a lot of Tech folks, are greatly influenced by what they read and what they see and hear in the media. The fact is UGA is not all that.

Go Jackets!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I gave you a standing ovation @Jerry the Jacket . That's an excellent post, but you forgot a few things.

Dawgs now say the level of football in the state of WA (Eason's home state) is dwarfed by what we have here in GA so Eason not winning the Heisman is because he's having to adjust to the complex schemes they run. It was too much for a 1st year starter. But take heart dawg fans, they're already signed the real savior who'll be a 1st time starter next year at QB. But, but .. he's a GA kid so he's already remembrized the playbook and such so just ignore that 'first year starter' thing.

Also, the roster is full of 8-star players but they weren't 8-stars in Kirby's schemes so they're really like 2/3-stars which is why they can't out-talent us. Their talent-level is really the same as ours. It's the math ... right? Nevermind the recruiting rankings and signing-day championships they've "won" in the past and will "win" next February.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I agree with Jerry completely. I did a post before the season saying that the Richt shift could work for both teams, work for one or the other, or fail for both. I think Richt did ok for his first year with da U, though Golden did just as well. We'll see about that program going forward.

The Dwags, however, had the teething problems I thought they might. Smart might turn out to be a good head coach, but I thought it would only be talent that would give them an advantage in his first year. It isn't an easy job and he's learning as he goes. (I think Saban has assistants to follow orders, not learn their trade.) Eason also has problems due to a lack of experience with an FBS level pro O. It isn't an easy job and he's learning as he goes.

And, yes, I don't see much difference in talent on the field and haven't for some time. They have better DTs but that's about it.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
During one of the last two drives, we got called for an illegal formation penalty and CPJ went ballistic on the sidelines. At first, I thought he was mad at our guys, then it became apparent he was pissed at the zebras. Anybody know what that was all about?[/QUOTE
The ref said it was an illegal formation, we had 5 men in the backfield. It was a formation in which one of our abacks lines up on the LOS, like a tackle, in an unbalanced line. The line fired off, but the aback did no immediately, and the ref got confused into thinking he was the fifth man in the backfield.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is an email I received from a co-worker who is a uGAG graduate. I sent him the link to Uncle Lou's meltdown. When they hired Not-so-Smart & got the commit from Eason he was just bragging about how they now had the tools needed to take the SEC & Natty this year!:ROFLMAO:

I felt like doing the same thing. When you are up 27 to 14 and score no points in the fourth quarter, then you have no excuse. I had hoped we would do better this year, but I also know we are in a building year with a new coach and quarterback. We will return next year with a vengeance!
Chris

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Here is another thing concerning the refs. Once when they were in the red zone one of their tackles came flying into a pile after the play and slammed one of our guys on the ground. Even the SEC network announcers said it was a blatant usportsmanlike foul, but it wasn't called. Call that and they might very well be looking at another field goal try on fourth down.

That should've been a flag, but I must say this this cleanest GT/UGA game I've ever witnessed

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, the roster is full of 8-star players but they weren't 8-stars in Kirby's schemes so they're really like 2/3-stars which is why they can't out-talent us.

Are they really that dumb? (yes, they are, hypothetical question)

In 2013 who was their D-coordinator? Todd Grantham, who ran a 3-4.
In 2014-15 who was their D-coordinator? Jeremy Pruitt, who ran a 3-4.
In 2016 who was their D-coordinator? Mel Tucker, who runs a 3-4.

All 3 have ties to Saban. Heck, Pruitt and Tucker (and obviously Smart) directly coached with Saban before coming to uga.

They've basically been running the same scheme for the last 7 years ... and if a 7th-year redshirt junior strong safety can't figure out how to not bite on playaction I'd think the scheme isn't the problem. Seven years of college down the drain!