#26 Jackets travels to #23 Clemson

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What a great job by the Jackets!!! Offense, defense, and pitching were excellent. I thought it was actually kind of strange they pulled Pitts so early. Figure he threw maybe 50-60 pitches. Parr was lights out! Gibson and Gauvreau did a good job closing it out. And the hitting!!!! Oh my!

I figure we will see a combination of Dulaney/Carpenter/Lee/Ryan all on the mound at some point tomorrow. We need the series win!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What a great job by the Jackets!!! Offense, defense, and pitching were excellent. I thought it was actually kind of strange they pulled Pitts so early. Figure he threw maybe 50-60 pitches. Parr was lights out! Gibson and Gauvreau did a good job closing it out. And the hitting!!!! Oh my!

I figure we will see a combination of Dulaney/Carpenter/Lee/Ryan all on the mound at some point tomorrow. We need the series win!!

Thank God Hall pulled Pitts early and didn't wait for disaster like he seems to do. Shouldn't have had Pitts starting (IMHO). Pitts faced 12 batters in 2.0 innings. Gave up 3 walks, 3 hit (1 HR) and no strike outs. That really sucks and was LUCKY that he only gave up one run. Just lucky.

Parr is consistently getting better. 5 .0 IP allowing ONE hit, ONE walk and 4 strike outs. His ERA is down to 4.08 on the year (was up in the 6's for quite a while I think). Also W-L 7-0 which is a rather important stat.

In the last two games, GT pitching has given up 3 Earned Runs. If we keep that going today (and score 16 runs), we should win. (tic) Dulaney start, then Carpenter / Lee? (I'm not a Ryan fan lately.) Save Gibson to start against UGAg on Tuesday?

Against Coastal, looks like Gold/Parr/Dulaney. That will be a tough series.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
For the first time this season, I could not listen to the game last night. I did hear us lose the first game as I predicted. I was shocked when I heard the score, and shocked that Pitts was so lousy and yet gave up only one run. Glad they got him out early.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Win and maybe get back into Top 25

....and if we do, you can take a well deserved victory lap. Our RPI is 23rd this morning. I won't mind being wrong about our ACC tourney chance if we develop 3-4 viable starters by the ACC tourney time.

Averaging 7 runs a game (43rd in NCAA http://stats.ncaa.org/team/255.0/12360 ) our pitching can expect some support. Just need for the fielding to get better too.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lee pitching well. Interesting start since he started on Wednesday. But I love starting a Fr to develop for the future. Only allowed 1 hit in two innings.

After 2 GT 4-0. After a hard morning of yard work on a beautiful day, the beer tastes better for some reason.

WREK announcer just said we needs more runs .... won't be comfortable unless we get ahead by 16.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Updated ACC Baseball Tournament Seedings
Cg0mM9RVEAAq_T3.jpg