#26 Jackets travels to #23 Clemson

65Jacket

GT Athlete
This team, to be such a good defensive team, makes more errors than I can imagine. No way we will score on their closer, he leads the NCAA in ERA, given up zero at home this year. Just a blown chance to do something in what is turning into a blown season.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, Peurifoy was coming in on the fly ball, slipped on he grass and fell to his knees and still the ball actually hit in his glove but dropped out. They scored one on that, then a HBP, triple, single later it was all tied up.

Well like I said, that is some voo doo back luck bull****. The lightning delay hurts us too as I doubt we'll throw Gorst out there after the long delay.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
This team, to be such a good defensive team, makes more errors than I can imagine. No way we will score on their closer, he leads the NCAA in ERA, given up zero at home this year. Just a blown chance to do something in what is turning into a blown season.

Some are just mental..while some are just bad luck/timing to complete the "bad luck" with this team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I have been incorrectly saying we are a good defensive team. Checking NCAA stats, our fielding % is 142 in the NCAA (as of 4/21). Better than a month ago when we were 190th. We do turn a lot of double plays with Justus and Bailey. But Bailey has 11 errors, Justus 10, Craport 6 and Gonzo 4. I would think that Craport is probably the worst fielder based on % of errors to plays.

Some are just mental..while some are just bad luck/timing to complete the "bad luck" with this team.

Luck affects a game or two. We are -1 in ACC play so far so that shows we aren't consistently good. If we lose this one today, it will rival our most painful game of the year where we lost 13-14 to Duke.

After today we'll be between -3 and +1 to 500 in ACC play. Massive difference on odds of getting into the ACC tourney with Miami and UVa coming up. I expect we'll win one of three from Clemson. Winning the series would be great.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sucks. Didn't work the Clemson pitcher for many pitches, and three long fly outs.

Going for the win with Gorst .... he walks lead off batter. But Justus turns the DP. Double, wild pitch and with runner on third .........

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
e1ac45fc24dc7cc3516f8a47c872f2b0.jpg