#26 Jackets travels to #23 Clemson

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
One common word used when discussing Tech is should. Should have done this or should have won that game or should have what ever you want to use. F should of, I am tired of should of's. Freaking A, start playing better fing baseball. Pitching is an area one can give coaching some lee way, but damn errors are all about practice and more damn practice the right way. This isn't the first year this has been a problem.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you can say that in any sport.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree on the above.

Our defense the last two games was very very good. We made a lot of difficult plays look routine. If our defense can continue to play well, then we just have to figure out a way to cut down on the walks from out pitching staff. Make the other team actually earn it.

I do agree with this. My frustration is that I believe I actually see a ton of raw talent on this squad....talent on defense and at the plate and even (without the injuries) on the mound. It is whY I wish/think/feel we should be doing better. But the walks are just absolutely killing us. Our pitching was actually good (except for the walks) most of the weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
.........Our pitching was actually good (except for the walks) most of the weekend.

"Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?" Just kidding. It was all about control.

Even Gold was afflicted; after the error in the 1st game, he promptly hit the next batter and then gave up three hits. The error was "bad luck" but the hit batter was loss of control. The next three hits I can't judge since I didn't see; they could have been skill on Clemson's part or grooved pitches. But I give Gold a pass since 1) he is the best healthy pitcher we have, 2) throws more strikes than others and 3) is a converted third baseman (let that sink in). As I said, we don't have (many) pitchers who throw strikes.