#26 Jackets travels to #23 Clemson

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Danny Hall is my goat of the game. Leaving pitchers in to throw so many walks? Was it 9 or 10? Just incredible! Horrible game management and inept pitching coach.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Danny Hall is my goat of the game. Leaving pitchers in to throw so many walks? Was it 9 or 10? Just incredible! Horrible game management and inept pitching coach.

We don't have the pitchers who throw strikes. I wouldn't want to see Zac in. Gorst pitched 3 days in a row.

I agree though. I would have pulled Lee when he put two on to start the 4th. Dulaney stayed in too long too. Hall left him in to walk the bases loaded in the 8th. One longer than I would have left him in.

Carpenter came in with bases loaded and got the strike out. Then walks the first two in the ninth. That's when I'd pull him.

But GT wins 7-5. Clemson leaves bases loaded.

But damn, our "ace" Gold has the game given away giving up only one ER. And then we come back to win the next two. Not what I'd have predicted.

But back to 500 in ACC. Just win.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As much I am happy about the series win, I just SMH in thoughts it could have been/should have a sweep!

It could just have easily turned into a series loss. Exceptionally disappointed by all the walks. Don't know what Howell says when he goes to visit the mound, but it seems to guarantee a walk.

Squints

Helluva Engineer

Did you even follow the game? Every time a pitcher started to lose it he pulled them. What the **** else is he supposed to do? The guy doesn't have a crystal ball.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Did you even follow the game? Every time a pitcher started to lose it he pulled them. What the **** else is he supposed to do? The guy doesn't have a crystal ball.

We can agree to disagree. I thought he left Carpenter in too long, and before that Dulaney as well. Plus, is the collapse of Zac Ryan from ace reliever to someone we are afraid to use, is that the pitcher's fault? Maybe, I of course cannot be certain, but there are just a lot of little signs like that....

A win is a win. I'll take it all day, especially when Clemson is involved. I really can't see Tech doing anything post season. Pitching is suspect and so is fielding. Neither is good enough to carry this team.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
A win is a win. I'll take it all day, especially when Clemson is involved. I really can't see Tech doing anything post season. Pitching is suspect and so is fielding. Neither is good enough to carry this team.

Unfortunately, I must agree. Baseball is a funny game, and especially in college ball, teams often beat themselves. If we could stop beating ourselves with untimely errors and walks, we would be a pretty good team. But likely 30 other clubs could say much the same.....

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, I must agree. Baseball is a funny game, and especially in college ball, teams often beat themselves. If we could stop beating ourselves with untimely errors and walks, we would be a pretty good team. But likely 30 other clubs could say much the same.....

Some of that is trying to do too much. Being aggressive is good but we need to learn to tap the breaks. That comes with our young no matter what people can say about things.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I'm sure you're not the first person to suggest Techies stop beating themselves

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It could just have easily turned into a series loss. Exceptionally disappointed by all the walks. Don't know what Howell says when he goes to visit the mound, but it seems to guarantee a walk.

Yes but it didn't go that way, did it? I prefer to look at the glass half full. A team has 7-2 lead last and give up 5 unearned runs when an OF loses his footing is bad luck. A arse pounding in the 2nd games and a gut it out in the 3rd of away turf? Yes, it could have been/SHOULD have been a sweep.

Yes but it didn't go that way, did it? I prefer to look at the glass half full. A team has 7-2 lead last and give up 5 unearned runs when an OF loses his footing is bad luck. A arse pounding in the 2nd games and a gut it out in the 3rd of away turf? Yes, it could have been/SHOULD have been a sweep.
One common word used when discussing Tech is should. Should have done this or should have won that game or should have what ever you want to use. F should of, I am tired of should of's. Freaking A, start playing better fing baseball. Pitching is an area one can give coaching some lee way, but damn errors are all about practice and more damn practice the right way. This isn't the first year this has been a problem.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of that is trying to do too much. Being aggressive is good but we need to learn to tap the breaks. That comes with our young no matter what people can say about things.

I agree on the above.

Our defense the last two games was very very good. We made a lot of difficult plays look routine. If our defense can continue to play well, then we just have to figure out a way to cut down on the walks from out pitching staff. Make the other team actually earn it.