2024 Season

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
The weather forecast for Friday is not looking good at all. On a typical weekend I would expect the Friday game to be moved to a DH on Saturday. But with this being a Home-Road-Neutral series, does anyone know how they would handle this? My guess is that we would play a DH in Athens on Saturday and we would just lose the home game, but curious to hear of anyone closer to the program knows better. Maybe I should just be optimistic that the forecast will improve between now and Friday.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The weather forecast for Friday is not looking good at all. On a typical weekend I would expect the Friday game to be moved to a DH on Saturday. But with this being a Home-Road-Neutral series, does anyone know how they would handle this? My guess is that we would play a DH in Athens on Saturday and we would just lose the home game, but curious to hear of anyone closer to the program knows better. Maybe I should just be optimistic that the forecast will improve between now and Friday.
Good question. I don't really know but my guess would be a DH on Sat would be in Athens. ...but maybe we'd be "home" team (batting in bottom of innings) for one of those 2 games.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'd imagine that would happen, and then maybe next year we get 2 at home to even it out because that game is a big revenue game for a non-revenue sport.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I'd imagine that would happen, and then maybe next year we get 2 at home to even it out because that game is a big revenue game for a non-revenue sport.
Get on the blower right now with ‘em and move the Friday game up to Thursday!!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Any hope for a run at post-season via beating our best out of conference opponents just died an early excruciating death. [Beating Auburn twice is still on table]

Only hope now lies in doing something somewhat miraculous in ACC play. NCST & UNC (both ranked) are 1st up. Gonna have to figure things out quick.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure where to put this, this seems like the best place....

I listened to the Braves game for a bit last night. Wiley Ballard was doing p-b-p while Ben Ingram is getting the week off. I heard Wiley doing some of the Braves studio pre-game work last season, but this is the first time I have heard him doing Braves p-b-p. It's interesting to me that they bypassed Dave Lezotte, the Stripers p-b-p guy, for Wiley. I doubt there will be a regular opening with the Braves in the near future with Gaudin and Ingram both relatively young, but I fear the Jackets are at risk of losing Wiley to another MLB team if they don't promote him soon. Andy Demetra is fine, but I would like to see the Jackets let him go in favor of Wiley as soon as they can contractually. Wiley does a good job in football and baseball (have never heard him do basketball), and he bleeds White & Gold.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck

I listened to the Braves game for a bit last night. Wiley Ballard was doing p-b-p while Ben Ingram is getting the week off. I heard Wiley doing some of the Braves studio pre-game work last season, but this is the first time I have heard him doing Braves p-b-p. It's interesting to me that they bypassed Dave Lezotte, the Stripers p-b-p guy, for Wiley. I doubt there will be a regular opening with the Braves in the near future with Gaudin and Ingram both relatively young, but I fear the Jackets are at risk of losing Wiley to another MLB team if they don't promote him soon. Andy Demetra is fine, but I would like to see the Jackets let him go in favor of Wiley as soon as they can contractually. Wiley does a good job in football and baseball (have never heard him do basketball), and he bleeds White & Gold.
Your suggestion is ok with me. Personally, I am not a big fan of Demetra. I know it is a preference thing, but his voice and inflections sometimes just grate on me. It is probably an age thing after growing up listening to Al Ciraldo, Larry Munson (you can hate the dogs, but appreciate the announcer), and Wes Durham. I much prefer Ballard.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Remember those SAT analogies. Here's one...

COACH DANNY HALL : COACH JAMES RAMSEY ::

A) BASKETBALL : BASEBALL
B) ANDY DEMETRA : WILEY BALLARD
C) SAC FLY : SAC BUNT
D) MARK TEIXEIRA : JASON VERITEK

I do find Demetra just grating and difficult to listen too.

I have thought we are on borrowed time with Wiley for several years now. As a college baseball pxp guy.. he's outstanding compared to his peers at that level..in my limited sample size. He appears to do a lot of work for Auburn too. No idea what upcoming openings/opportunities they have over there; but he has relationships there for sure and they keep asking him back.

I give better odds Ramsey is the next head baseball coach than Wiley becoming the next "voice of the Jackets"

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer

^^^^ THIS 10,000% !!!!!!’nn