2024 non-GT games thread

slugboy

Staff member
Their OL has quit. Rodemaker quit the team. Then they tried to buy time to grow Glen and Kromenhoek with Ukelele, but it didn’t work. Now it appears the WRs have quit as well. All waiting for the draft or transfer portal. They are quitters.
Rodemaker was probably pushed into the portal. The wide receivers were dropping passes in our game; if they quit, they quit in the summer.

======

It’s early in ACC games today. Miami leads Louisville 10-7 (looks like Miami is moving to score again). UVA leads Clemson 10-3. Coastal chaos lives

In other news

Last edited:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
If they pushed Rodemaker into the portal, that itself speaks much about the staff that they’d rather bank on Ukelele than a 4-year player, and 2nd teamer, in their own system - who actually win a few games for them.

Not sure when they did it, but those WR are not playing anything like they played with Travis at QB.

slugboy

Staff member
If they pushed Rodemaker into the portal, that itself speaks much about the staff that they’d rather bank on Ukelele than a 4-year player, and 2nd teamer, in their own system - who actually win a few games for them.

Not sure when they did it, but those WR are not playing anything like they played with Travis at QB.
Keon Coleman got drafted by the Bills. Johnny Wilson got drafted by the Eagles. Jaheim Bell got drafted by the Patriots. Toafil (RB) is still there. Trey Benson got drafted by Arizona. Kyle Morlock is still there. Their best receivers from last year are in the NFL.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Keon Coleman got drafted by the Bills. Johnny Wilson got drafted by the Eagles. Jaheim Bell got drafted by the Patriots. Toafil (RB) is still there. Trey Benson got drafted by Arizona. Kyle Morlock is still there. Their best receivers from last year are in the NFL.
This would make a difference.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

If they stuck with Rodemaker and he played like he is playing at Southern Miss this season, then they would be even worse. I think they knew what they had in him.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
Mizzou seems like such a fraud.

I think FSU could’ve won our game if they’d gotten Ward. Would’ve run a more open offense and their receivers caught enough to convert some 4th downs already as it was. And then I doubt that’s the only game that would’ve gone differently, especially with that momentum.

Shocking how bare the cupboard was at QB. Norvell was on the hot seat before, he will be again, good for him for having one good QB to ride to a giant contract though.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
“Nobody wanted him” after Clemson, and then Oregon State helped him look good.

He’s looked the best of any FSU QB. No one looks good when your receivers and OL play badly.

He’s old, but someone believes they can make a star player out of him. Worst case, G5. Maybe Liberty

At FSU, fans are worried their best players are all going to transfer. They probably have some good players, but I can’t name any.
If he can catch, he might make a good tight end.

slugboy

Staff member
If they stuck with Rodemaker and he played like he is playing at Southern Miss this season, then they would be even worse. I think they knew what they had in him.
I’m not arguing they’d be better with him. I just don’t think FSU quit. They did lose players in the portal, but a lot of teams did. There may be a lack of toughness and grit, but I don’t think it’s a locker room issue like UNC has. I think their evaluation isn’t as good as it should be, the incoming players this year aren’t as good as the ones that sat out last year’s Orange bowl, and their player development was poor. They aren’t blocking well, and their DL isn’t the terror that was advertised.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
F$U QB recruiting, 2020-24

2020 - 3* Tate Rodemaker
2021 - N/A
2022 - 4* AJ Duffy
2023 - 4* Brock Glenn
2024 - 4* Luke Kromehoek

We should be so bare.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
I’m not arguing they’d be better with him. I just don’t think FSU quit. They did lose players in the portal, but a lot of teams did. There may be a lack of toughness and grit, but I don’t think it’s a locker room issue like UNC has. I think their evaluation isn’t as good as it should be, the incoming players this year aren’t as good as the ones that sat out last year’s Orange bowl, and their player development was poor. They aren’t blocking well, and their DL isn’t the terror that was advertised.
I don’t necessarily know if it’s “quit” but it looks a lot like a Collins team. No ability to deal with adversity and not much confidence or coordination after getting punched in the mouth.