2024 non-GT games thread

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Norvell or whoever will have to take out the trash and get an infusion.
ETA: may be more of a booster problem.
I believe this is an institutional feeling of entitlement. It starts at the top. Yes, they were screwed last year. Difficult tests reveal character.

What has happened after that shaft? Their team mass quit their bowl game, their school sued the ACC to vacate, and their team has quit in this season. Three strikes, you’re out.

If I’m Norvell, I’m considering resigning. You cannot build a program with buy-in with that administration forming the backdrop behind me.

slugboy

Staff member
Who would take him now? I mean, seriously…...
“Nobody wanted him” after Clemson, and then Oregon State helped him look good.

He’s looked the best of any FSU QB. No one looks good when your receivers and OL play badly.

He’s old, but someone believes they can make a star player out of him. Worst case, G5. Maybe Liberty

At FSU, fans are worried their best players are all going to transfer. They probably have some good players, but I can’t name any.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

He’s looked the best of any FSU QB. No one looks good when your receivers and OL play badly.

He’s old, but someone believes they can make a star player out of him. Worst case, G5. Maybe Liberty

At FSU, fans are worried their best players are all going to transfer. They probably have some good players, but I can’t name any.
Absolutely.
Someone will take a shot. It’s not hard to see that he is not the root of the problem.

I watch quite a bit of football but admittedly, i saw virtually no OSU plays (much less games) last year. Was FSU asking DJU to do vastly different things than OSU did? Or is it truly just an all around toxic situation in tally right now, regardless of scheme / abilities?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I believe this is an institutional feeling of entitlement. It starts at the top. Yes, they were screwed last year. Difficult tests reveal character.

What has happened after that shaft? Their team mass quit their bowl game, their school sued the ACC to vacate, and their team has quit in this season. Three strikes, you’re out.

If I’m Norvell, I’m considering resigning. You cannot build a program with buy-in with that administration forming the backdrop behind me.
The rot was revealed.

Not many heroes left in college ball these days. Makes it even easier to pull for Tech, win or lose.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Really weird. I remember the FSU roster used to look impressive. Now they just look like every other college team.

slugboy

Staff member
Really weird. I remember the FSU roster used to look impressive. Now they just look like every other college team.
On paper, FSU should be a contender. On turf, they’re at the bottom of the conference

FSU is at 49% on the Blue Chip ratio, and their last two recruiting classes have been stout. (BCR is the percentage of 4* and 5* players in the roster in the past four recruiting cycles). They “should” be loaded.

We have a post from June on the topic https://gtswarm.com/threads/blue-chip-ratio.28385/

And a FSU fan site has a post that aged like milk https://chopchat.com/posts/fsu-foot...akers-with-strong-2024-fall-camp-01j3kn1hjj3b

SCHOOLBCR
Ohio State90%
Alabama88%
Georgia80%
Texas A&M79%
Oregon76%
Oklahoma73%
Texas 72%
LSU70%
Notre Dame67%
Clemson64%
Florida 63%
Miami61%
Penn State61%
USC 59%
Michigan56%
Auburn 53%

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Saw one of those receivers let a perfect pass go right through his hands. If he'd caught it, he was going to get clobbered by a Duke DB, and I didn't think he wanted to catch it.
I think that team with all its talent folded up and quit after they lost to the Jackets.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The FSU youtube bloggers are saying Norvell will have to make major staff changes. From recruiting to teaching to motivation to game prep there are problems. AND THEY WANT TO GO TO THE SEC. What a joke. Last place in the ACC. HAHAHA
It begins with QB problems. With Ward they would have been a lot more competitive but their receivers are dropping passes that should be caught as well. Duke ate up their FR qb with stunts and changing formations. He just wasn't ready and his receivers didn't help. I suspect they will hit the portal real hard again next year but that sure didn't work this year. I am concerned they may come after Weinke to work with their qb's. I just hope he is happy at GT and we can pay him well enough.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
It begins with QB problems.
Duke’s defense, with their ability to get pressure and sacks, is an inexperienced quarterback’s nightmare. If anything, the game was a testament to how critical it is for a team to develop its backup QBs. Last night, one was a pick machine, the other had no internal clock telling him he needed to get rid of the ball.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
On paper, FSU should be a contender. On turf, they’re at the bottom of the conference

FSU is at 49% on the Blue Chip ratio, and their last two recruiting classes have been stout. (BCR is the percentage of 4* and 5* players in the roster in the past four recruiting cycles). They “should” be loaded.

We have a post from June on the topic https://gtswarm.com/threads/blue-chip-ratio.28385/

And a FSU fan site has a post that aged like milk https://chopchat.com/posts/fsu-foot...akers-with-strong-2024-fall-camp-01j3kn1hjj3b

SCHOOLBCR
Ohio State90%
Alabama88%
Georgia80%
Texas A&M79%
Oregon76%
Oklahoma73%
Texas72%
LSU70%
Notre Dame67%
Clemson64%
Florida63%
Miami61%
Penn State61%
USC59%
Michigan56%
Auburn53%
"On paper, they may not have the highest blue-chip ratio, but the player development at FSU is so outstanding that they have three stars making All-ACC." :ROFLMAO:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
The FSU youtube bloggers are saying Norvell will have to make major staff changes. From recruiting to teaching to motivation to game prep there are problems. AND THEY WANT TO GO TO THE SEC. What a joke. Last place in the ACC. HAHAHA
It begins with QB problems. With Ward they would have been a lot more competitive but their receivers are dropping passes that should be caught as well. Duke ate up their FR qb with stunts and changing formations. He just wasn't ready and his receivers didn't help. I suspect they will hit the portal real hard again next year but that sure didn't work this year. I am concerned they may come after Weinke to work with their qb's. I just hope he is happy at GT and we can pay him well enough.
SEC? Ha! They’ll be lucky not to get relegated to a reduced share in the ACC after this season.

ETA: Still, had they not turned the ball over 3 series in a row they likely win that game.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Their QBs are bad. Their WR's are bad. But their OL is absolutely atrocious and is the primary cause for most of their offensive issues. Having Ward would have barely made a difference on this team.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Their QBs are bad. Their WR's are bad. But their OL is absolutely atrocious and is the primary cause for most of their offensive issues. Having Ward would have barely made a difference on this team.
Their OL has quit. Rodemaker quit the team. Then they tried to buy time to grow Glen and Kromenhoek with Ukelele, but it didn’t work. Now it appears the WRs have quit as well. All waiting for the draft or transfer portal. They are quitters.