2024 non-GT games thread

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Ha Ha. I love it. I never thought Norvell was a very good coach. The last 2 years he had a terrific QB, Travis, who won a lot of games for them. He has great recruiting classes, tons of NIL, and he picks a QB who is terrible. LOL. His coordinators must be awful. I also think the team lacks toughness, which comes from the top.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Ha Ha. I love it. I never thought Norvell was a very good coach. The last 2 years he had a terrific QB, Travis, who won a lot of games for them. He has great recruiting classes, tons of NIL, and he picks a QB who is terrible. LOL. His coordinators must be awful. I also think the team lacks toughness, which comes from the top.
Perhaps. I think the program has an institutional problem of a feeling of entitlement. It’s a new disorder called the snowflake dilemma. They think they’re entitled to be better and when challenged they quit. Their admin has quit on the ACC, their conference champ team quit last year, and their team has already quit (it seems) on this season. Just an entitled snowflake mentality. They need to clean house, but the prez and AD seem to be part of the problem.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Let's hope the 'noles adjust. They had no current season tape on BC's O, but BC has rammed it at them.
The big problem is their QB can't hit his receivers. Their line play on both sides is not as good as predicted either. They sure laid an egg against BC at home. Unfortunately it takes some of the luster off our win over them. I think I heard some booing after some bad passes. Will Norvell make a change at qb?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Their WR dropped a bunch of good passes. That’s pure and simple lack of concentration.

DJU was not good but that makes him appear even worse. They had a couple of TD passes dropped that would have made a huge difference in this game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Supposedly Cam Ward was who they tried to get in the portal. This would be an entirely different team if they had him. DJU looks like he did at Clemson.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
At this moment in time, pause to consider that the two programs that are too good for the ACC are a combined 0-3 (0-2) on the season so far.

Perhaps we should let them go to save our brand?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t sure where to put this but still thinking about the half time of the BC / FSU game. They interviewed the QB for Southern Cal to talk about his win over LSU. He was humble and down to earth but went out of his way to praise USC as an academic institution and offered his appreciation of the faculty. Really impressed that he volunteered that. That was an important selling point for him about the school and he is enjoying the academic atmosphere immensely.

Was thinking about how Tech used to get recruits from all over the country because it’s a special school. It’s was Vince Dooley at Georgia who started the negative recruiting trend of using good academics against a school. Wouldn’t it be refreshing if we’ve come full circle on that and good academics becomes a recruiting advantage again!

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
After our game I thought they would pull it together, but I watched the entire BC game and don’t think that anymore. I still can’t believe they rushed for 21 yards - they only gave the ball to RBs on 8 plays in their game. Eight.
I’ve gotten pissed off and done that playing NCAA on PlayStation.

I get paid a lot less for it than Norvell lol

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
After our game I thought they would pull it together, but I watched the entire BC game and don’t think that anymore. I still can’t believe they rushed for 21 yards - they only gave the ball to RBs on 8 plays in their game. Eight.
Same here. Out coached, out played, and out hustled.