2024 non-GT games thread

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Why is it there were so many reports we didn't want him? I understand Batt's selection of Key, but the negative commentary towards O'Brien I found interesting. I have no idea.

One day the stories of our coaching search will come out...it's not a good look for some people. We ended up with Key, and it's going very well. In the end, that's what matters for GT.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I'm more interested in BC than FSU in this game. O'Brien was attached to the GT job before we decided on Key. Many GT fans were lukewarm towards the idea of O'Brien coaching us, but I think he's going to be a fantastic coach for BC.
I would’ve supported a BOB hire at the time, but I’m glad we got Key when we did. BOB is probably as good of a fit for BC as they could find. Will be interested to see if a larger school (LSU, FSU, UF, etc) will come calling if BOB is successful for a couple of years at BC. The dude obviously knows football

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I would’ve supported a BOB hire at the time, but I’m glad we got Key when we did. BOB is probably as good of a fit for BC as they could find. Will be interested to see if a larger school (LSU, FSU, UF, etc) will come calling if BOB is successful for a couple of years at BC. The dude obviously knows football

Key was the right person because he could bridge the gap between the fractured base. He's going to be great for GT, and that's all we need to be concerned with.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
One day the stories of our coaching search will come out...it's not a good look for some people. We ended up with Key, and it's going very well. In the end, that's what matters for GT.
Had to be a tough spot for a new AD. The big $$ donors you need to fund the purge were the reason we needed a purge in the first place.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Football Tweets  Page 6  Georgia Tech Sports Message Board.png

slugboy

Staff member
DJU is 3/10 passing, averaging 3 yards per pass. One pass was 25 yards.
That’s atrocious.

How does Norvell not recognize this?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I’ll just say this here, DJU is not a P4 QB.

I said before the season started, Norvell's system takes time to get used to. No way DJU was going to get up to speed in one offseason. Took Travis Jordan multiple years. DJU's bad slow start was easily predictable.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
DJU on a bit of a hot streak...until his receiver dropped the ball on a back shoulder throw. Hate when the ball hits you in the hands...