2024 non-GT games thread

slugboy

Staff member
DJU is costing his team points. What kills me is even after all his failures, ESPN thinks he’s some sort of top tier QB and the commentary crew seems genuinely shocked he is missing these throws.
Worse yet, he misses his reads—he has receivers open, but he throws into coverage

Yeah, he’s losing the game for his team

Stat lineYards/playEPA/playEPASRWPA
Dropbacks
DJ Uiagalelei8/21, 100 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sck, 52.7 xQBR, 0.00 DETMER4.55-0.25-5.5027%-13.0%

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Worst QB performance I've seen in a looong time. If DJU plays in the third quarter, this loss is on Norvell.

Not sure what is going on with DJU - he had a 70% completion rate in our game. Granted, most of his passes then were short get-the-ball-quickly-to-your playmakers type of throws.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Worse yet, he misses his reads—he has receivers open, but he throws into coverage

Yeah, he’s losing the game for his team

Stat lineYards/playEPA/playEPASRWPA
Dropbacks
DJ Uiagalelei8/21, 100 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sck, 52.7 xQBR, 0.00 DETMER4.55-0.25-5.5027%-13.0%
I honestly kinda feel bad for Norvell. Because he hitched his wagon to DJU, the fans are going to turn on him if DJU can’t get it turned around. Norvell really shouldn’t have pushed for this guy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
DJU is costing his team points. What kills me is even after all his failures, ESPN thinks he’s some sort of top tier QB and the commentary crew seems genuinely shocked he is missing these throws.

Yeah and I hate to kill the kid. He's not (over)rating himself. I'm resisting the urge to call him DJUseless.

I read an ACC power rankings that had FSU at 5 despite the 0-1 record. These folks need to watch games.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
there were big debates on here if quitting on their bowl said anything meaningful about the program’s culture and mentality.

I still think it did. And yeah, transferring into that looks like a self inflicted wound.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I would’ve supported a BOB hire at the time, but I’m glad we got Key when we did. BOB is probably as good of a fit for BC as they could find. Will be interested to see if a larger school (LSU, FSU, UF, etc) will come calling if BOB is successful for a couple of years at BC. The dude obviously knows football
It just so happens while on Gator Bait that one guy who lives in Atlanta but is a Florida season ticket holder and alumnus, was making the case for the Gators to look at Key. It was drowned out in a chorus of boos from Gator fans who want a "splashy" hire like Kiffin or Urban.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
He basically replicated his ‘22 numbers he put up with clempson which got him the boot out of town.
yeah. I don't really agree that he played that well at Oregon St. They were just smarter about running an offense that didnt really rely on him to do much. They were definitely a run first team that ran twice as many times as they passed

GT33

Helluva Engineer
there were big debates on here if quitting on their bowl said anything meaningful about the program’s culture and mentality.

I still think it did. And yeah, transferring into that looks like a self inflicted wound.
Quitters quit. Quitters never quit quitting.