2023 Draft

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is only prospective signees right?
I assume it's guys who signed LOIs with those [college] teams.

My thought was you "want" to have 100% of those signees land on campus. The bad extreme is you spend recruiting resources on the best HS players... they sign but never get to campus (wasted resources). Three doesn't seem like a crazy high number but some REALLY good programs obviously recruited a group not drafted (yet).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

We recruit well and get guys drafted. It's just that winning thing which is the problem.

I assume it's guys who signed LOIs with those [college] teams.

My thought was you "want" to have 100% of those signees land on campus. The bad extreme is you spend recruiting resources on the best HS players... they sign but never get to campus (wasted resources). Three doesn't seem like a crazy high number but some REALLY good programs obviously recruited a group not drafted (yet).

My guess was 90% of the top 100 were going to the draft. Someone else can figure out the numbers this year. One important aspect is defining the top 100 as guys who make it clear they won't sign don't have high draft pick wasted on them.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Please correct me if I missed someone but it appears that we had Anderson, Peete and Drake drafted from our list of incoming recruits. And Campbell, Deleo and Finley drafted from our current players. Am I missing anyone?