2022 Spring Game

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I just don't understand this. Have the game on Saturday and make it an all-day festival, with a big to-do after the game. Include the players, having them mingle with the crowds after the game. Having it on a Thursday means a small crowd and a short event. You'll attract die-hard fans, but no one else.

Not just any Thursday, mind you, but Saint Patrick's Day, when the students would rather be out partying and drinking and when the local watering holes are gonna be packed and serving green beer. It really makes no sense to me.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When cgc in to gt early dec came he signed the entire class of recruits from previous coaching staff - even though they were recruited for a different offense. Next year he let 3 qb s try to win job and in practice he let 3 rd string get reps. What a nice guy

Last year he was giving his long time coaching buddies have one last try at getting a good product on field. He continued to be a players coach that strived family love. What a nice guy.

Now he has had a talk w someone and has made coaching changes. He has given the new coaches the microphone without him blabbing about how great HE thinks they are. He has a good class of transfers that are a good mix of immediate and future help. Hs recruits have high star rating but class has limited number.

Gt s is having to have spring training very early.because we are in the portal era.
We will evaluate our players, put the word out to other players we are interested in and see them in their spring game.
I expect more transfers out and in
No more mr nice guy

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
But everyone here knows EVERYTHING! It’s a spring game folks…

As AI says. PRACTICE. WE TALKING BOUT PRACTICE.
I'm less concerned about the Spring Game as a game. I just see this as a huge missed opportunity for community outreach and to bring in potential sidewalk fans and to bolster floundering bandwagon fans. However, with that being the first weekend of March Madness, I don't think it would matter. Most people that don't have a rooting interest are going to stay home and watch basketball.