2022 Spring Game

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I plan on being there, but I am one of the old retired guys that can take the time to attend. But this assures limited attendance, and it is clear to me that is the intent. Not sure why you would want to limit attendance?

Having Friday games when I was working was impossible to make. Now a Thursday game would be even harder.

Not sure the rational behind this one.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
When cgc in to gt early dec came he signed the entire class of recruits from previous coaching staff - even though they were recruited for a different offense.
tho, he was told to keep all the commits from the previous regime. but, eh, we get the point

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I just can't wrap my head around this. We are currently the only team I can find doing our Spring game in March. We are the only team doing it on a Thursday night. We are doing it on one of the biggest sports days of the year and on St Patrick's day. We will likely be the only team not tackling during the game. Why are we so eager to be so different? It feels like our program isn't really a fan of Spring games. If that is the case then just cancel it and have a private practice.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
i don’t get why some of these people have such an axe to grind with the no hitting. let’s risk injury to our razor thin depth just so a couple of old fans can be happy.

seems like the wrong thing to direct your anger to
I don’t think people disagree with not having full contact because it’s “old school,” but it more so signifies a soft, and nonphysical culture within the program. I don’t want guys head hunting over the middle, or trying to blow each other up, but they should want to compete with and against each other. In college football you don’t get to scrimmage against any other teams, all you get to see is what you got. If you aren’t getting the best in practice everyday how are you going to compete with teams who are more physical than you? NIU embarrassed us, and their coach said as much. How do you get pushed around by a MAC team? Because you aren’t prepared to compete against somebody who wants it more than you.

Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, and Cincinnati didn’t play touch in their spring games. Neither did Clemson, nor will they this year. Of 130 FBS teams, there might’ve been 15 that didn’t go full contact in their spring game; if that many. It’s football, injuries happen. After the spring game there will be 6 months before the first game. If we’re getting guys hurt who will miss games in the season because of full contact in the spring game then we probably weren't going to be very good anyway. Leo Blackburn missed the whole season last year because of a non contact injury in fall practice. I guess we should just stop practicing altogether because there’s an injury risk.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Boy, I sure hope all the folks complaining about not being able to attend a practice will buy season tickets for games that really matter. Id rather have an empty spring game and a full BDS on Saturdays in the fall, but that's just me.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
The NCAAT starts on March 16 and I'm pretty sure Georgia Tech's basketball team will be sitting at home. So if we are doing this for the ACCN to have something to show (March 17th), the fans are not coming out a winner here. In the event they think football recruits are going to watch Tech play a scrimmage game on television vs watching the NCAAT that night, then our administration is out of touch. If someone was writing a book on how to screw up a once proud football program, Georgia Tech's leadership would be in Chapter 1.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Why is it so early? I thought was usually mid April?
Because they didn't want to break up the spring training due to the scholl spring break. They aren't allowed to practice during that period.
Also the reason why the Spring game can't be on Saturday, March 19th, as it is the official start to Spring break.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to see which game has the most GT fans, the 2023 spring game or the 2022 u(sic)ga COFH game. At least the spring game won’t have a tsunami of red clad barking inbreds.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
... so are we going to break out the new GREEN Uniforms?
1643390529332.png