2022 Spring Game

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
GTAA
We say we want to take advantage of being in ATL.

our recent SPRING GAME
LOTS OF comments we had ours on very bad date.

AFTER THE SEA OF RED WHEN THE GT ALUMNI SOLD THEIR SEATS TO UGA FANS, I THINK THE COACH HAD TO GET THE PLAYERS MINDS ON SOMETHING ELSE.

THAT WILL NOT BE NEEDED AGAIN.

SO WHAT IS A GOOD DATE?

NEEDS TO BE ON A SET DATE - PREFERABLY ONE THAT DOES NOT COMPETE FOR TV TIME WITH OTHER SPRING GAMES. BDS UNDER THE LIGHTS IS A COOL THING.

HOW ABOUT STARTING A TRADITION THAT SHOWS WE CARE ABOUT ATL

NOT PERFECT BUT BETTER SPRING GAMES GT.jpg

BY FRIDAY - then non rich parents with kids in Atlanta are looking for a fun place that's free.

How about the following:
- Annual Friday Night Ga Tech Spring Game at BDS.

- Held every year ON THE FRIDAY at the end of Atlanta school district spring break
- Accompanied kids wearing a pee wee football jersey or cheerleader jersey get a free coke and hot dog in south end zone stands

- Meet buzz, the players , cheerleaders on the field after the game. Some other fun stuff. Pictures sent to ATL Journal

GT FOOTBALL NEEDS TO OWN THE ATL SCHOOL DISTRICT - just putting flyers in every school before spring break is a major positive touch point.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember him saying Tobias was a SEC level athlete.
I don't recall him saying Tobias was a NFL quality DB. And I look for anything this coach says to hammer him with later.
Oliver is a Terrific athelete who was move around too much and as a result his experience did not coor with his abilities…it’s sad as he was a great ga tech advocate

slugboy

Staff member
I remember him saying Tobias was a SEC level athlete.
I don't recall him saying Tobias was a NFL quality DB. And I look for anything this coach says to hammer him with later.
I recall him saying words to the effect of "Tobias is an amazing athlete with the potential to be an NFL DB". That had a bit of hype, but it's not crazy. More than a few QB recruits move to another position and end up in the league, but you have to build the skills to go with the athleticism.

I've listened to Collins a lot. I think he talks about defense well. I cringe when he talks about offense. He doesn't give a good press conference. But for some reason, I see people making a big deal out of comments that aren't a big deal.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I recall him saying words to the effect of "Tobias is an amazing athlete with the potential to be an NFL DB". That had a bit of hype, but it's not crazy. More than a few QB recruits move to another position and end up in the league, but you have to build the skills to go with the athleticism.

I've listened to Collins a lot. I think he talks about defense well. I cringe when he talks about offense. He doesn't give a good press conference. But for some reason, I see people making a big deal out of comments that aren't a big deal.
I cringe when he talks, period.
He's got so much used car salesman about him and he thinks we forget the things he said in the past.
(You may want an example. I will provide one. Such as the creation of the 10-10 club for all those "close losses" in year one, but then he says in 2021 our losses now are closer. So were those close losses in 19 or not?
Here's a hint. They weren't. And they still weren't that close this year, either. And of course, the horsecrap explanation he offered after stiffing Narduzzi on the handshake. Those are the low hanging fruit .
I'm just tired of the guy and his act.)