2022 Spring Game

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Empty will be a much better look than the last home game - about 75% red and black by my estimation from being there.

Will it be emptier on a holiday on a Thursday during March Madness versus a Friday or Saturday in April? Sure. But it’s easier to rationalize the poor turnout on the timing of the game versus holding the right people accountable.
I get your ire but the casual TV viewer doesn’t dig for explanations behind the scenes of why a TV show was bad. The empty seats will be the message. No after the fact spin will erase that indelible image.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Well….if it’s like half the other games Tech plays it won’t even be accessible on most peoples TV packages.
Down in South Ga, our service does offer all channels GT is on. (Some may call that a blessing or a curse.) But it is wonderful that the ACC would contract games on providers that don't reach the major markets of the ACC foot print. Hope the commish is working on it, remember he's only been on the job for a year.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
But what other bad message are you sending with a backdrop of vast swaths of empty seats on TV for your spring game?
I don't think they want people to watch this on TV either. I think they want this event to basically be non existent to everyone that isn't a super hardcore fan.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Down in South Ga, our service does offer all channels GT is on. (Some may call that a blessing or a curse.) But it is wonderful that the ACC would contract games on providers that don't reach the major markets of the ACC foot print. Hope the commish is working on it, remember he's only been on the job for a year.
Well first to be honest other the Clemson not many people outside the ACC could care less about any other ACC team so it's a hard sell.

ramblingman

Georgia Tech Fan
Thursday or Friday makes little difference to me. I travel from Florida and wish we made it a day long Saturday with tailgating.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Who are the Ncaa bb games that gt s spring game 's matchups? 4th and 14 I think.

I know gt spring is on accn at Thursday 3/17 5pm central 6 pm eastern. The first spring game.

Forecast 67degrees, cloudy, chance of rain.

If I lived closer would sure be there. Some Tech fans are weak sause

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Oc will have them ""Tough""" touching this spring.

I probably will bring wife - she has never seen ATL in spring.

Would be great if they get students involved- best way to get long term football donations is to make some positive personal memories..
wife feeling poorly - so no drive to atl.

The basket ball games we compete
1647275805430.png

I miss watching Kansas - so will dvr them and the spring game.

games look kind of boring - but you may have a favorite.

or at least not enough to miss the spring game.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First off, I can't go due to suffering an accident 4 weeks ago.
But even if I could there would be 0% chance of me going this Thursday. This week is my favorite sports week of the year by far, so even if healthy I would not go. I will be watching wall to wall bb games.
I'll just wait to hear reports from it.

IMO it is actually difficult to gather much from a spring game. With the rules that are usually in place they have only passing resemblance to an actual game and since you are playing against yourself it is hard to tell in a vacuum how the team looks.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
But even if I could there would be 0% chance of me going this Thursday. This week is my favorite sports week of the year by far, so even if healthy I would not go. I will be watching wall to wall bb games.

IMO it is actually difficult to gather much from a spring game. With the rules that are usually in place they have only passing resemblance to an actual game and since you are playing against yourself it is hard to tell in a vacuum how the team looks.
I’m afraid you are correct. The days of being able to tell anything from a spring game are long gone.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Red, hope you are okay after your accident.

I think I'm going to try and go and take my son. The weather looks bad Wednesday and Friday, so baseball may be cancelled and he has nothing on Thursday, so may be a good opportunity for us to get down there. Hopefully there is some real football played and hopefully they are all "getting it," both on O and D.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'll be at BDS@HGF Thursday. Hope many of you can make it too.
Sadly with a 6 PM start (gates open at 4) not sure how many will be able to make it. Not expecting a big crowd even by GT Spring Game standards.
Not expecting more than 2,500 people

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not normal anywhere else, but I assume they're out because of Saint Patrick's Day and so many School staff will be having a hangover on Friday they might as well give them the day off!