2022 Spring Football Practice

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I have been VERY critical of the team/staff since the beginning of year 3. I accepted no excuse to lose to NIU coming out of fall practice. We had a glimmer
of improvement with KSU, Clempsun and UNC. Pitt blew us out, but we got by a poor Duke team. Not great, but an improvement. The 2nd half of the season was a DISASTER , IMO. Despite all of that, it's spring, we got some new coaches and players and I will still not give up on my Jackets. My hope is rooted in two possible outcomes : CGC makes a MAJOR turnaround, or if it's another repeat of what we have seen so far, TStan will pull the plug. My fear is that it will be 4-8 and TStan will decide to give CGC 1 more year.
If 2 of the 4 are FSU and Miami, Collins stays.

He is so far be hind schedule , he must show we can best some good teams.

Beating UCF, the crummie team, Duke, and 2 coastal bottom dwellers, ain't going to cut it.

If we aren't sure he has it figured out, it's time pay to get in the game.

Except for ol, I am feeling positive about the players and their coaches. The ol remains young. When we got whipped by Pitt they were 2 dee lol in upperclassmen o linemen.

We are 2 years away.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Dontae says the vibe is different because everyone has "bought in".

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Dontae says the vibe is different because everyone has "bought in".

"Smith has liked what he has seen in spring practice, starting with the scheme of new offensive coordinator Chip Long.

“I like it better,” Smith said. “I don’t know, it’s just something about the flow and you can see it’s day and night from what we were doing to what we’re doing now.” "

CEB

Helluva Engineer
"Smith has liked what he has seen in spring practice, starting with the scheme of new offensive coordinator Chip Long.

“I like it better,” Smith said. “I don’t know, it’s just something about the flow and you can see it’s day and night from what we were doing to what we’re doing now.” "
Love it! Reading that got me fired up! Well, not really. I’m still on the couch drinking coffee but I WANT to be fired up! I am really happy to hear kids saying they’re “seeing it” and everyone is “buying in” this spring. Hope it’s all true, but I am thrilled they believe it regardless.
I’m ready to see it all click.... (y)

JacketFan137

Banned

i think patenaudes playbook had good plays sometimes but he didn’t know how to sequence plays and set things up. i really don’t think the actual plays and concepts will be too different just deprioritizing things and using slightly different formations. hopefully using more tempo will help too

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Are the comments we are getting this spring any different than the comments we heard last Spring? I don't know, just asking.

My biggest concern is still the OL and DL. If we are not better in those two position groups nothing else is going to matter.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Are the comments we are getting this spring any different than the comments we heard last Spring? I don't know, just asking.

My biggest concern is still the OL and DL. If we are not better in those two position groups nothing else is going to matter.
I don’t agree with you often, but I do 100% agree with this. Positive Spring statements mean absolutely nothing “good or bad”. I also think we have some quality and depth at QB, WR and DB, and some quality but little depth at RB and LB, but OL and DL quality and depth are questionable. FG also worries me.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
i think patenaudes playbook had good plays sometimes but he didn’t know how to sequence plays and set things up. i really don’t think the actual plays and concepts will be too different just deprioritizing things and using slightly different formations. hopefully using more tempo will help too
Pat seemed to call plays like he was playing the ncaa video game and using the “select random play” button

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Stop being so logical @RamblinRed ! This is the time of year when we are unbeaten and dreaming about rainbows and unicorns!

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I think the apathy is already here
From what I understand season ticket sales are way off - and some longtime ticket holders are weighing whether to renew
Sorry iceeater but 4-8, no matter who makes up the 4, means it’s time to make a change

yellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan

I hope I am wrong and I continue to support the team and the coaching staff but I think this season will see a victory over WCU and a tght win over Duke and a “mystery” over some weak ACC team for three wins. Tstan has been a failure in our two most important sports and needs to leave along with Pastner and Collins. I hope for better from all these guys but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
i don’t know why you say that. you can discuss so many things about tech football.

for example:
- why coach collins sucks
- why collins is a bad coach
- why collins is the worst coach in georgia
- why collins is worse than a high school coach
- why collins ran our team into the ground
- why collins….

a lot of variety and threads all stay on topic all the time
-why Coach Collins cannot win more than 3 games a year

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I don’t agree with you often, but I do 100% agree with this. Positive Spring statements mean absolutely nothing “good or bad”. I also think we have some quality and depth at QB, WR and DB, and some quality but little depth at RB and LB, but OL and DL quality and depth are questionable. FG also worries me.
I’ll just say this...
I’m not banking on any of these guys REALLY knowing how good they are going to be. I also don’t EXPECT that. I’m more interested in what they THINK they are. If they think they are improving, they likely will. They’ll put in the effort and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. So I guess as long as they believe, I believe.