2022 Spring Football Practice

JacketFan137

Banned
Sometimes I wonder why I still come to this board. It’s really gone downhill.
i don’t know why you say that. you can discuss so many things about tech football.

for example:
- why coach collins sucks
- why collins is a bad coach
- why collins is the worst coach in georgia
- why collins is worse than a high school coach
- why collins ran our team into the ground
- why collins….

a lot of variety and threads all stay on topic all the time

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't doubt Pyron is looking the part, but potentially burning a year of eligibility for your QB of the future when you have someone else who should be a serviceable backup and already has experience seems like a bad idea. But like 4Shot said though, maybe the future isn't a large consideration at the moment.
We might as well play the guys we have while they're here since the transfer portal is so big nowadays.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
i don’t know why you say that. you can discuss so many things about tech football.

for example:
- why collins….

You forgot the TStan threads…about Collins

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer

for example:
- why collins….

Don’t forget to sprinkle in a little CPJ option debate.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck

for example:
- why collins….

What about all the threads about how great CGCs recruiting has been and how our transfers out are bad and our transfers are in and how our recruiting class ranking should reflect this ???

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I have been VERY critical of the team/staff since the beginning of year 3. I accepted no excuse to lose to NIU coming out of fall practice. We had a glimmer
of improvement with KSU, Clempsun and UNC. Pitt blew us out, but we got by a poor Duke team. Not great, but an improvement. The 2nd half of the season was a DISASTER , IMO. Despite all of that, it's spring, we got some new coaches and players and I will still not give up on my Jackets. My hope is rooted in two possible outcomes : CGC makes a MAJOR turnaround, or if it's another repeat of what we have seen so far, TStan will pull the plug. My fear is that it will be 4-8 and TStan will decide to give CGC 1 more year.

JacketFan137

Banned
I have been VERY critical of the team/staff since the beginning of year 3. I accepted no excuse to lose to NIU coming out of fall practice. We had a glimmer
of improvement with KSU, Clempsun and UNC. Pitt blew us out, but we got by a poor Duke team. Not great, but an improvement. The 2nd half of the season was a DISASTER , IMO. Despite all of that, it's spring, we got some new coaches and players and I will still not give up on my Jackets. My hope is rooted in two possible outcomes : CGC makes a MAJOR turnaround, or if it's another repeat of what we have seen so far, TStan will pull the plug. My fear is that it will be 4-8 and TStan will decide to give CGC 1 more year.
unless he beats UGA i don’t see a timeline where he is retained after a 4-8 season

JacketFan137

Banned
What about all the threads about how great CGCs recruiting has been and how our transfers out are bad and our transfers are in and how our recruiting class ranking should reflect this ???
it’s gtswarm not jacketfan137swarm you can stop talking about me in every thread

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
No way in h_ _ _ Collins is retained after 4 - 8 season. Tech wouldn't sell 10,000 season tickets for the 2023 season.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
TStan and CGC will probably be gone after a 4-8 year

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m not a TStan hater. He made a bad hire but none of us had a crystal ball to know how bad Collins would be. Between Whisenhunt and Collins I still take Collins. Obviously, we should have had more options. TStan had the right idea of the type of guy to move us away from the option. Collins just ended up sucking. I’m fine if we let TStan go and I’m fine if we keep him.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I’m not a TStan hater. He made a bad hire but none of us had a crystal ball to know how bad Collins would be. Between Whisenhunt and Collins I still take Collins. Obviously, we should have had more options. TStan had the right idea of the type of guy to move us away from the option. Collins just ended up sucking. I’m fine if we let TStan go and I’m fine if we keep him.
If TStan survives 4-10, then no doubt, he's on double secret probation and that would include the follies involving the basketball team.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
If TStan survives 4-10, then no doubt, he's on double secret probation and that would include the follies involving the basketball team.

Yep, the bball program is in a HUGE mess also.We were tied for last this yr and next yr very well could be WORSE.Tstan didn't make the tough call on Pastner when he had the asst coach and "friend" debacle that got us on probation.He very well may go down with Collins and Pastner when both blow up next yr..