2022 Spring Football Practice

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
“So last year, I was just trying to get out there and get the confidence. Just seeing that I could do it, but I wasn’t anywhere near 100 percent. I was probably 60 percent when I was playing,” White said about his 2021 season. “But now, I feel better, I’m roughly around 90 [percent]. Just trying to get back to who I can be, and every day it gets better. My ankle wasn’t near where it needed to be last year. But now, working with our head athletic trainer Mark, he’s done a good job of getting me back on track as far as being explosive, power, fast-twitch and everything I need to be.”

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Liar, liar, liar. I remember trophies and points both being awarded before the format changed. Check with your @John if you don't believe me.;)
we used to have the funds but there was some "accounting irregularities" according to the suits. Some recent staffing changes were made around the time these were discovered. I hope I am not talking out of turn here but I think the statue of limitations protects me from legal repercussions at this time.

We are thinking of raffling off autographed pictures of Eric posing with Coach Ross or bidding on the chance to have John and CuseJacket come to your house for either 8 hours of lawn work or detailing 2 vehicles of your choice to restock our war chest. Other raffle prizes would include me guest DJ'ing a polka party at your house. I will bring my entire collection of polka CD's along with A) two six packs of Budweiser and B) slugboy who, despite his modesty and attempts to stay out of the limelight, is widely considered by both the polka community in general and scholars from the Julliard School to be one of the top 10 amateur basson and glockenspiel players to ever graduate from his high school. His rendition of Beer Barrel Polka (roll out the barrels, we'll have a barrel of fun....) simply has to be heard to be believed. This polka throwdown is great for neighborhood cookouts, bar mitzvahs, weddings, etc. and we can provide references upon request. Stay tuned for further announcements.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely. His thought process was correct but his execution was as bad as Wile E. Coyote. At this point nothing matters but winning games. The fans have turned on him, the players have turned on him, and the recruits have turned on him. The only thing he has succeeded at is increasing his net worth. If that was his goal when he got into coaching then he is a success. If his goal was to be a successful head coach then that ship has sailed.
Brutal but true.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely. His thought process was correct but his execution was as bad as Wile E. Coyote. At this point nothing matters but winning games. The fans have turned on him, the players have turned on him, and the recruits have turned on him. The only thing he has succeeded at is increasing his net worth. If that was his goal when he got into coaching then he is a success. If his goal was to be a successful head coach then that ship has sailed.
Actually, he has succeeded in unifying all segments - fans, players and recruits - against him.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is a very narrow interpretation. No evidence that anyone has turned against him. Not the players, not the recruits, and not the fans. Yes, there is a vocal minority among the fans that bark pretty loudly, but if GT were to go 0-12 this year and CGC were retained, the majority of fans would come back if he won 8 games the next 3 years. He's not going to lose every game, and if he did he wouldn't be retained, but that's not the point I'm making.

I agree nothing matters but winning games. The rest...well...yeah.

JacketFan137

Banned
Where do you guys get this crap? There's no indication that the players or recruits are against him. Making up **** again. The fans just want to win and aren't happy with the performance.
gonna watch my tongue before some guys get report happy again but the agenda pushing by a handful of users on this forum is getting so out of hand it’s ridiculous. collins has more than enough things to criticize him for, you don’t have to make stuff up to criticize him.

it’s turned into a “who can say the most negative thing about collins” _____ measuring contest lol

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
A quick cleanup was done. A general comment to all, this doesn't need to get personal. We don't award trophies or points here.
My reaction score begs to differ…
4A517951-D3FE-498E-A655-CB3DF07255BD.jpeg

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
no i wouldn’t say that. i’m more referring to the comments like people saying “oh collins is still on the sims train” or acting like yates should have started (some even stating that yates played harder because he was a johnson recruit and was a better leader), or we HAD to have a transfer come in to be a new starter

just a lot of really stupid narratives surrounding him that were completely out of reality and unfounded
Facts.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
This is a very narrow interpretation. No evidence that anyone has turned against him. Not the players, not the recruits, and not the fans. Yes, there is a vocal minority among the fans that bark pretty loudly, but if GT were to go 0-12 this year and CGC were retained, the majority of fans would come back if he won 8 games the next 3 years. He's not going to lose every game, and if he did he wouldn't be retained, but that's not the point I'm making.

Not sure I completely agree with the fans coming back part. College football is bleeding fans already. Don't give people even more reason to find something else to do with their life. Some of those people aren't coming back.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Wow what an amazing upgrade to the program!! Wins 3 the first three, then an unheard of 8 wins!! Omgg wow what a great coach!!! We've never seen 8 wins here before.

I remember a bunch of you extremely unsatisfied with the 8 win mark.

JacketFan137

Banned
Wow what an amazing upgrade to the program!! Wins 3 the first three, then an unheard of 8 wins!! Omgg wow what a great coach!!! We've never seen 8 wins here before.

I remember a bunch of you extremely unsatisfied with the 8 win mark.
8 wins 3 seasons in a row was something johnson and gailey could never do. if some of those 8 wins included UGA or clemson then it would be a great season for us

CEB

Helluva Engineer
8 wins 3 seasons in a row was something johnson and gailey could never do. if some of those 8 wins included UGA or clemson then it would be a great season for us
8 wins in three consecutive seasons? Who said that? Yes, we would all happily hire Dodd again. There was an air of “good riddance” surrounding the only other guy to do that.
The point was that an 8 win season would have fans streaming back. Regardless of the eloquence of the counter point, I agree... I would be thrilled, yet (optimistically) skeptical if this season ended 8-5.