2022 Spring Football Practice

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone have a FIRST -hand comment on the Spring play.?A standout play by anyone? Any real news on the OL.? How about the new kicker? Can the new QBs "hit the ocean". Tell me, my man,Kaleb Edwards ,is starting. Is K.White killing it?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Does anyone have a FIRST -hand comment on the Spring play.?A standout play by anyone? Any real news on the OL.? How about the new kicker? Can the new QBs "hit the ocean". Tell me, my man,Kaleb Edwards ,is starting. Is K.White killing it?

Sims has been looking good
OL is a work in progress
Edward’s was the star of the scrimmage
Pyron is probably the #2 QB

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Is Gibson doing so bad that we would rather burn Pyron's redshirt then let him play? Yikes.
Doesn't necessarily mean "bad" performance by Gibson. Perhaps the new kid just is doing better. At this point, if I am in Collins' shoes, I am 100% focusing on short term vs. long term (assuming it is a job I want to keep - the golden parachute isn't bad either). He isn't in a position right now to think about having a kid around for his 5th year senior season. With the portal, that is even a less likely scenario than before anyways.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't necessarily mean "bad" performance by Gibson. Perhaps the new kid just is doing better. At this point, if I am in Collins' shoes, I am 100% focusing on short term vs. long term (assuming it is a job I want to keep - the golden parachute isn't bad either). He isn't in a position right now to think about having a kid around for his 5th year senior season. With the portal, that is even a less likely scenario than before anyways.

I'd lean more to Pyron being impressive. Baylor usually knows pretty good passing QBs. I'm bullish on him.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Of course you would go to the negative

Maybe Pyron is living up to the 4* Elite 11 status
I don't doubt Pyron is looking the part, but potentially burning a year of eligibility for your QB of the future when you have someone else who should be a serviceable backup and already has experience seems like a bad idea. But like 4Shot said though, maybe the future isn't a large consideration at the moment.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't doubt Pyron is looking the part, but potentially burning a year of eligibility for your QB of the future when you have someone else who should be a serviceable backup and already has experience seems like a bad idea. But like 4Shot said though, maybe the future isn't a large consideration at the moment.
I would say always play the best players ( but it's a long time to sept and you can still play 4 games)