2022 Schedule??

Jmonty71

Banned
Predicting something major happens during the bye week.
I agree with the previous statement and this one. If we start 1-4, I don't know how we'll pull out of the funk or malaise that will cover the team. I also agree that a 1-4 start would definitely heat the seat for Collins.. Not sure what "major" thing will happen, other than nothing... Maybe Collins uses his fire the DC card???? Either way, I think a 1-4 start will put Collins in a win 6 games or else situation.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
But the question for me, which is still the same and has not been seriously answered yet, is when the average Tech fan used to feel hopeful about Tech’s chances on the field, and now the average fan feels no hope, how do we return that hope, even if it is somewhat delusional?

A football program without hope is a program that will be dead unless something changes.
If you lose hope then you are not a fan, which is short for "fanatic" or "a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal". I predict we will go 15-0 this year. Why should I expect anything less? The love of sports is built on the Rudy, USA vs ussr, Miracle Mets, worst to first Braves and many other who'd a thunk it teams. I am planning on being at all home games & the f$u and uga games this year, no matter our record, wearing white & gold (maybe navy) and cheering for Tech. Nothing wrong with being a realist and see that we will be dogs in 10 games this year. But man, can you imagine the elation of having 10 upsets! Of course, even if we win a natty or conference or division this year, some will still be upset because that means we will keep our staff. (see Men's Basketball) I pitty those like that.
GO JACKETS!!!!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
you guys can act like that but we’ve been double digit dogs even at home almost every year vs at least one of clemson and uga since like 2015 and there’s even some pretty bad losses like 2012 gt, 2013 byu in there

maybe it’s cause i’m just a degenerate sports gambler that pays a lot of attention to scores and spreads and advanced stats in general but no one who kept up with college football and had a reasonable understanding of football gave us a chance in any of those games.
I do.

JacketFan137

Banned
Funny to me how this thread has degenerated into “Don’t feel so bad about our team sucking because Tech has always sucked.” 😂
i think you and some others are looking at this from the wrong viewpoint.

reality is aside from 2014 we really haven’t been competitive in every game in a LONG time. the clemson’s , uga’s, notre dame’s and whoever was top 10 have been thumping us for a long time pretty regularly. crying about how we aren’t competitive in those games now like it’s some brand new phenomenon is just scraping the barrel for something new to complain about. college football is a different landscape than it was even a decade ago and unless some dramatic rule changes come in from the top of the ncaa we aren’t gonna be able to compete with clemson and uga for consistent periods for quite a while. i would also add the any given saturday mentality like we have the roster or can ever even think about developing the roster to play with a team like this years uga is just foolish too

on the other hand there are certainly reasonable goals and expectations we should have that are clearly not being met. we should be able to compete for the coastal considering the teams in our division aren’t football factories, we should be better against teams like UNI, citadel etc. Playing all games against non top 10 teams close was a start and we did improve from one year to the next but next year some of these have to turn into wins

JacketFan137

Banned
If you lose hope then you are not a fan, which is short for "fanatic" or "a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal". I predict we will go 15-0 this year. Why should I expect anything less? The love of sports is built on the Rudy, USA vs ussr, Miracle Mets, worst to first Braves and many other who'd a thunk it teams. I am planning on being at all home games & the f$u and uga games this year, no matter our record, wearing white & gold (maybe navy) and cheering for Tech. Nothing wrong with being a realist and see that we will be dogs in 10 games this year. But man, can you imagine the elation of having 10 upsets! Of course, even if we win a natty or conference or division this year, some will still be upset because that means we will keep our staff. (see Men's Basketball) I pitty those like that.
GO JACKETS!!!!
your last point is so true. no doubt in my mind if we do manage to beat clemson, ole miss or ucf it’ll be these same moaners crying about “well now we’re gonna keep collins!!”

it’s february and people are already writing off a season that starts in september 😂

JacketFan137

Banned
Some people will go to any length, any, to defend the current failed regime.
just wanna mention i’m not defending collins here at all i’m just saying people aren’t really being objective in their evaluation of the situation.

if collins was fired tomorrow i wouldn’t bat an eye and at this point i don’t think he’s the guy. i just think we have some delusional members here that act like we were some powerhouse team and collins derailed our program when in reality we went from mediocre to bad

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You were once Clemson and Georgia started playing for NCs. College football isn’t what it was. Hope we have a chance going into those games in the future, however it’s more about those two teams having a bad year/game as Clemson did against us last year.
Teams go in cycles. How long ago was Washington a powerhouse? Oregon? USC? Any pre-expansion SEC team not starting with a V, a K, or an M? Teams rise and fall in how beatable they are. It largely relies on coaches. Look at what happened at Alabama before Saban was there. I fully expect Clemson and uga to both come back to Earth and we'll beat both of them again soon. Just one fan's opinion.

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
GO JACKETS!!!!
I predict 15-0 every year. Never concede a game until it's lost. We might be undermanned, outgunned, and underjackets, but there is always a chance.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Teams go in cycles. How long ago was Washington a powerhouse? Oregon? USC? Any pre-expansion SEC team not starting with a V or an M? Teams rise and fall in how beatable they are. It largely relies on coaches. Look at what happened at Alabama before Saban was there. I fully expect Clemson and uga to both come back to Earth and we'll beat both of them again soon. Just one fan's opinion.
The difference is money has stratified football programs now much more then even 10 years ago. Programs like USC can rise up as they have the revenue to do so. At GT it’s damn ne’er impossible. UGA and Clemson can fall but there are a lot of built in advantages keeping them well above GT.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Teams go in cycles. How long ago was Washington a powerhouse? Oregon? USC? Any pre-expansion SEC team not starting with a V or an M? Teams rise and fall in how beatable they are. It largely relies on coaches. Look at what happened at Alabama before Saban was there. I fully expect Clemson and uga to both come back to Earth and we'll beat both of them again soon. Just one fan's opinion.
Im honestly not sure the cycles thing applies in the era of 100+ million dollar budgets, 8+ million dollar coaching salaries, the transfer portal, NIL, social media, etc. This isnt the same college football.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The difference is money has stratified football programs now much more then even 10 years ago. Programs like USC can rise up as they have the revenue to do so. At GT it’s damn ne’er impossible. UGA and Clemson can fall but there are a lot of built in advantages keeping them well above GT.
Right. The point is that uga and Clemson will drop to where they are at a level we can be competitive with them from time to time. Last year Clemson showed they were beatable. uga will be again too at some point. Is GT ever going to become a blue blood again? Probably not, but that doesn't mean that teams on top today will always be out of our reach.

JacketFan137

Banned
Im honestly not sure the cycles thing applies in the era of 100+ million dollar budgets, 8+ million dollar coaching salaries, the transfer portal, NIL, social media, etc. This isnt the same college football.
going into this year UGAs DC was getting 1.7 mil a year. collins makes 2.8 a year and is our head coach.

i bet combined our staff hardly makes it over 1.7 and that’s just uga’s DC. they have analysts, recruiting staff and all kinds of football related auxiliary coaches. we’re comparing a mom and pop grocery store and being asked to compete with walmart sales.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
i think you and some others are looking at this from the wrong viewpoint.

reality is aside from 2014 we really haven’t been competitive in every game in a LONG time. the clemson’s , uga’s, notre dame’s and whoever was top 10 have been thumping us for a long time pretty regularly. crying about how we aren’t competitive in those games now like it’s some brand new phenomenon is just scraping the barrel for something new to complain about. college football is a different landscape than it was even a decade ago and unless some dramatic rule changes come in from the top of the ncaa we aren’t gonna be able to compete with clemson and uga for consistent periods for quite a while. i would also add the any given saturday mentality like we have the roster or can ever even think about developing the roster to play with a team like this years uga is just foolish too

on the other hand there are certainly reasonable goals and expectations we should have that are clearly not being met. we should be able to compete for the coastal considering the teams in our division aren’t football factories, we should be better against teams like UNI, citadel etc. Playing all games against non top 10 teams close was a start and we did improve from one year to the next but next year some of these have to turn into wins
Your last couple points I agree with. You may have been replying to others with the “blowout” loss thing but to me, 1 or 2 blowouts are irrelevant. Ending our season with two horrific ones hurt, but it was the best UGAg team in four decades and a Notre Dame team with a legit shot at the playoff. We sucked, but those don’t really matter.
I have a problem with the string of 4-5 games previous. I certainly didn’t expect that Duke would be the start of a 5 game win streak, but it sure as heck could’ve been.
NIU was just bad to start the year and Pitt felt worse at the time than it actually was, but the game with Clemson was kind of encouraging and coupled with a great UNC win and pulling one from the fire with Duke, we had a really good outlook for turning the corner.
UVA, VT, Miami and BC were all very beatable and we couldn’t muster one. Instead of stepping up, we played pretty uninspired football. I think we were out scored in the fourth quarter in 7 of our last 8 games (including the Duke win). BC was the back breaker for me. The last and worst of the four (even though I acknowledge they were much better with their QB back).
Long and short, I’m sure you can go back past 2014 and find several more examples of blowouts (or uninspired, inexplicable losses even if the scoreboard didn’t look bad). That one loss isn’t anymore meaningful than say.... the one good showing against the tarheels this year.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
just wanna mention i’m not defending collins here at all i’m just saying people aren’t really being objective in their evaluation of the situation.

if collins was fired tomorrow i wouldn’t bat an eye and at this point i don’t think he’s the guy. i just think we have some delusional members here that act like we were some powerhouse team and collins derailed our program when in reality we went from mediocre to bad
Me thinks the lady protesteth too much.

JacketFan137

Banned
Your last couple points I agree with. You may have been replying to others with the “blowout” loss thing but to me, 1 or 2 blowouts are irrelevant. Ending our season with two horrific ones hurt, but it was the best UGAg team in four decades and a Notre Dame team with a legit shot at the playoff. We sucked, but those don’t really matter.
I have a problem with the string of 4-5 games previous. I certainly didn’t expect that Duke would be the start of a 5 game win streak, but it sure as heck could’ve been.
NIU was just bad to start the year and Pitt felt worse at the time than it actually was, but the game with Clemson was kind of encouraging and coupled with a great UNC win and pulling one from the fire with Duke, we had a really good outlook for turning the corner.
UVA, VT, Miami and BC were all very beatable and we couldn’t muster one. Instead of stepping up, we played pretty uninspired football. I think we were out scored in the fourth quarter in 7 of our last 8 games (including the Duke win). BC was the back breaker for me. The last and worst of the four (even though I acknowledge they were much better with their QB back).
Long and short, I’m sure you can go back past 2014 and find several more examples of blowouts (or uninspired, inexplicable losses even if the scoreboard didn’t look bad). That one loss isn’t anymore meaningful than say.... the one good showing against the tarheels this year.
yeah i agree. we have to win those games and there’s no excuse not to outside of the BC game we played with our backup qb.

hopefully with a new OC and some new input on defense we close the gap and those turn to wins cause they were competitive games and i think turning the corner is possible with this group of players. it’s just gonna come down to the coaches providing the necessary input

losing to uga and notre dame like that sucks but i think that uga team wipes the floor with every tech team of the 2000s except maybe 2014 and even then after watching them pulverize michigan they’d likely do the same to us. it’s just not really a realistic barometer for us to be comparing ourselves to uga and clemson year over year and acting like it’s a brand new phenomenon after they’ve been doing that to us for most of the last decade

stech81

Helluva Engineer
going into this year UGAs DC was getting 1.7 mil a year. collins makes 2.8 a year and is our head coach.

i bet combined our staff hardly makes it over 1.7 and that’s just uga’s DC. they have analysts, recruiting staff and all kinds of football related auxiliary coaches. we’re comparing a mom and pop grocery store and being asked to compete with walmart sales.
But Wal-Mart's sucks but then uga sucks

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Truth hurts but you are right yes we had some good years and also some so so years. Fact is we are not an Elite program, can we be maybe but not till people give more money and the AD uses it right. Redoing offices will not do it.