2022 Schedule??

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Like I said, it doesn’t matter. In ‘94 it seemed like a big deal. If this were the year 2050 it would seem like an even bigger deal. But it’s all relative. Lewis was fired but he was allowed to resign. In our hypothetical Collins would likewise be given a chance to do the honorable thing and save Tech some money.

I honestly don’t understand why this is hard for people to understand. I am not expecting this year to crash and burn but if it should then we have the template from multiple situations over the years and across the country for a team cutting its losses and removing a coach. Frankly when people say we are “stuck with a coach” no matter how bad the situation that just sounds silly to me.
Apparently, Collins, or at least his contract, is too big to fail…

CEB

Helluva Engineer
GT has won one road game in each of the last 3 seasons, so i'm going to think we win one road game again.
I also expect it to be a close win as the 3 wins are 4 pts at Duke, 3 pts at FSU and overtime at Miami.

IMO if GT is going to get to 6 wins it likely needs to be 4-3 after the UVA game as it is difficult to see GT going better than 2-3 over the last with so many road games and the home game is not a gimme.
Yup.
Basically we have to win our TRUE home games (except possibly Ole Miss) and get 1-2 wins on the road.
I feel like Ole Miss is not a foregone conclusion and I was really hoping they might overlook us a bit.... BUT we’re they’re only power 5 opponent in the first 4 weeks of the season and their first two conference games are Kentucky and Vandy. I would expect them to be very business like when we meet.
It hurts getting FSU, VT and UNC all on the road and late in the season. Those are beatable teams who I think would be much more beatable earlier in the season. That said, if we’re coming out of UVA at 4-3, that means we’re riding a two game win streak into Tally...

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Pitt returns their entire offensive line:

Pitt will be loaded on offense. They do have a new OC, but the new OC put up 500 yds against us last year with a less talented team so im not expecting too much of a dropoff.

JacketFan137

Banned
Just completely wrong.
2015: down 40-10 against clemson before dabo emptied the bench

2016: clemson held us to 124 yards of offense and we didn’t cross the 50 until the second half

2017: lost to uga 38-7

2018: lost to uga 45-21 with two of those TDs coming LATE, got thrashed in our bowl game

2019: lost to uga 52-7

2020: clemson 73-7

2021: uga again

so yes actually we have had a REALLY bad loss each of the last 7 years. don’t see how that’s completely wrong my man

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
2015: down 40-10 against clemson before dabo emptied the bench

2016: clemson held us to 124 yards of offense and we didn’t cross the 50 until the second half

2017: lost to uga 38-7

2018: lost to uga 45-21 with two of those TDs coming LATE, got thrashed in our bowl game

2019: lost to uga 52-7

2020: clemson 73-7

2021: uga again

so yes actually we have had a REALLY bad loss each of the last 7 years. don’t see how that’s completely wrong my man
the difference is that we went into games in 2016 - 2018 with an expectation to be competitive. We don't have that today and haven't since the Citadel game. You can get blown out of a game and still expect to be competitive in the next. We don't have that anymore.... You could have thrown more bad games in the last three years, as well, my man...

JacketFan137

Banned
the difference is that we went into games in 2016 - 2018 with an expectation to be competitive. We don't have that today and haven't since the Citadel game. You can get blown out of a game and still expect to be competitive in the next. We don't have that anymore.... You could have thrown more bad games in the last three years, as well, my man...
well now you’re pivoting the argument here. we have had at least one or two blowouts on the schedule every year since about 2015. this isn’t even an issue of coaching anymore it’s just the reality.

you can pretend like people expected to be competitive with clemson and uga but that was never grounded in reality.

not to say johnson wasn’t better because up to this point that’s an objective truth but it’s getting ridiculous how much people will bend the truth in each and every thread to just make ridiculous points lol

and honestly we were competitive with every team but the three ny6 teams we played including the eventual national champions, top 8 nd and a pitt team that probably finishes top 8 assuming kenny pickett plays his final game

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
well now you’re pivoting the argument here. we have had at least one or two blowouts on the schedule every year since about 2015. this isn’t even an issue of coaching anymore it’s just the reality.

you can pretend like people expected to be competitive with clemson and uga but that was never grounded in reality.

not to say johnson wasn’t better because up to this point that’s an objective truth but it’s getting ridiculous how much people will bend the truth in each and every thread to just make ridiculous points lol
I hate to go back and reread how this started because I find these arguments over nuanced-meaning tedious. But I honestly heard something different in what he said than how you have now interpreted it.

I think the general dissatisfaction with the last 3 years is that there was a feeling that we couldn’t beat most of the teams we played. Speaking strictly for me that is a new feeling that I’ve never had before even in the worst of years under other coaches.

Now, that could change. We could beat Clemson this year or Ole Miss or UCF and I think lots of people would feel like any game after that we have a chance. Even if we lost every game after that I still think each game would be approached with “we’ve got a chance.” But it’s the feeling of utter futility that is a stark contrast to past years that I think the original post was referring to.

JacketFan137

Banned
I hate to go back and reread how this started because I find these arguments over nuanced-meaning tedious. But I honestly heard something different in what he said than how you have now interpreted it.

I think the general dissatisfaction with the last 3 years is that there was a feeling that we couldn’t beat most of the teams we played. Speaking strictly for me that is a new feeling that I’ve never had before even in the worst of years under other coaches.

Now, that could change. We could beat Clemson this year or Ole Miss or UCF and I think lots of people would feel like any game after that we have a chance. Even if we lost every game after that I still think each game would be approached with “we’ve got a chance.” But it’s the feeling of utter futility that is a stark contrast to past years that I think the original post was referring to.
yeah again, i think there must have been some delusional optimism involved if they genuinely thought we had a chance against uga and clemson most years. once venables came our time beating clemson was basically done aside from deshaun watson tearing his ACL and us being gifted two pick 6s by the backup, and aside from year 1 kirby uga was a bloodbath each year. seems like people are bending the truth to me to act like they expected different outcomes. i think they’ve gone too far the other way in regards to some of our acc opponents who we’ve played close.

and i agree i think collins has to find a way to get us to 2-2 going into week 5 somehow. clemson, ole miss and ucf are winnable games with so much staff turnover at clemson and the moving parts on those other teams.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yup.
Basically we have to win our TRUE home games (except possibly Ole Miss) and get 1-2 wins on the road.
I feel like Ole Miss is not a foregone conclusion and I was really hoping they might overlook us a bit.... BUT we’re they’re only power 5 opponent in the first 4 weeks of the season and their first two conference games are Kentucky and Vandy. I would expect them to be very business like when we meet.
It hurts getting FSU, VT and UNC all on the road and late in the season. Those are beatable teams who I think would be much more beatable earlier in the season. That said, if we’re coming out of UVA at 4-3, that means we’re riding a two game win streak into Tally
Agree - but this schedule is set up so Collins can win his way out of dog house in last have of the season.

Watching the huddle on accn - the talking heads were sure that Miami and FSU were returning to glory days.
Also the drolled on the new uva coach.

To start with wins against WCU, UCF, Duke and we are 3-3. or 2-4

After a bye week - we play UVA on Thursday night at bds. BIG DEAL FOR COLLINS
Then we play at FSU = likely on national tv BIG DEAL FOR COLLINS

Win and even if we are only 4-4 we have to be optimistic

We travel to vt and play a team we should have beaten last year with a new coach.
After that - Miami comes to BDS and tht game will be national tv BIGDEAL FOR COLLINS

The we play unc and have a good chance of winning but then we paly uga

BEAT UVA< FSU< MIA and be 6-6 COLLINS IS HERE till his contract expires.

i am planning on a tail gate at benz and fsu.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
And loses a 1st rd QB and it’s OC
They also return their best WRs, one of which will be a 1st rounder, add another high quality WR from the portal, return all of their RBs, and added a pretty solid QB to replace Pickett. It's hard to imagine that they won't have a good offense next year. It may not reach the ridiculous heights they got to last year, but it's likely going to be one of the better offenses in college football.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Every college season takes on a life of its own that’s why i don’t care for making definitive predictions.

Biggest thing that could be in GT favor is the turnover at coordinators & QBs in the Coastal/OOC

Clemson - New OC Brandon Streeter & DC Wes Goodwin

Ole Miss - New OC Charlie Weiss Jr & New Co-DC Chris Kiffin New QB

UCF- new OC Chip Lindsey New QB

Pitt - New OC Frank Cignetti New QB

Duke- both

UVA - new OC Des Kitchings

UNC- New QB

MIAMI- New OC TBD

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Expecting to be competitive is fools gold. We haven't been competitive with UGA or Clemson for years. With the way college football has changed the past decade we likely won't be competitive very often going forward regardless of who our coach is. College football has a very small pool of top tier teams now. We paly 2 of them every year!

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Expecting to be competitive is fools gold. We haven't been competitive with UGA or Clemson for years. With the way college football has changed the past decade we likely won't be competitive very often going forward regardless of who our coach is. College football has a very small pool of top tier teams now. We paly 2 of them every year!
Right now it's fools gold to expect us to be competitive with almost anyone on our schedule... That's a change that has come with CGC. Maybe we change this year... I hope so.