2022 Schedule??

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What was his contract situation? And I am pretty sure that our debt in ‘94 was not like it is now
Like I said, it doesn’t matter. In ‘94 it seemed like a big deal. If this were the year 2050 it would seem like an even bigger deal. But it’s all relative. Lewis was fired but he was allowed to resign. In our hypothetical Collins would likewise be given a chance to do the honorable thing and save Tech some money.

I honestly don’t understand why this is hard for people to understand. I am not expecting this year to crash and burn but if it should then we have the template from multiple situations over the years and across the country for a team cutting its losses and removing a coach. Frankly when people say we are “stuck with a coach” no matter how bad the situation that just sounds silly to me.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
What was his contract situation? And I am pretty sure that our debt in ‘94 was not like it is now
There is no doubt the magnitude of the dollars doesn't compare, but the point where you're doing more harm than good is always there - it's just where it is. He came close to getting fired after the UGA game (at least it was on the table), when most on this board said there was no chance until end of 2023. That box has been opened. It can be opened again pretty quickly.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
There is no doubt the magnitude of the dollars doesn't compare, but the point where you're doing more harm than good is always there - it's just where it is. He came close to getting fired after the UGA game (at least it was on the table), when most on this board said there was no chance until end of 2023. That box has been opened. It can be opened again pretty quickly.
Actually, the "damage" that you propose is accumulating will be completely gone when the change is made, depending on the new hire.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sure but it raises the question as to why we fired Bill Lewis with three games left on the schedule. To me the answer is obvious. We wanted to clear the deck to stop the bleeding and so that O’Leary could get a start on figuring out who could play the following year and what our recruiting needs would be. Regardless of how the Lewis contract was structured (IT DOES’NT MATTER) money was saved in the long run by saving the program.
B*** L**** lost the locker room. There was about to be a full-on revolt. O'Leary was there to pick up the pieces and kick the players in the ***. The contract $$$ were nowhere near what they are today, even adjusting for inflation. Somewhere in one of my previous posts I commented that barring a full-on revolt (different wording) or cause, he'll be with us through the season.

In my opinion, there's nothing that could happen between October and December that would be worth the cost differential. I understand others have differing opinions.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
B*** L**** lost the locker room. There was about to be a full-on revolt. O'Leary was there to pick up the pieces and kick the players in the ***. The contract $$$ were nowhere near what they are today, even adjusting for inflation. Somewhere in one of my previous posts I commented that barring a full-on revolt (different wording) or cause, he'll be with us through the season.

In my opinion, there's nothing that could happen between October and December that would be worth the cost differential. I understand others have differing opinions.
Don't agree or disagree but the longer you wait it could hurt recruiting Dec comes fast

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
After finishing with the nation’s most difficult schedule in 2021 with a combined opponents’ record of 100-56 (.641), Georgia Tech appears to have one of college football’s most challenging slates again in ’22. In addition to facing nine teams that earned bowl-eligibility in 2021, five of Tech’s 12 opponents this season won at least nine games in ‘21, including each of their first four NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision opponents (Clemson, Ole Miss, UCF and Pitt).

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... and the suckiest part of the schedule is that only 1 of our last 5 games of the season are at home. That's against Miami on November 12th.

JacketFan137

Banned
After finishing with the nation’s most difficult schedule in 2021 with a combined opponents’ record of 100-56 (.641), Georgia Tech appears to have one of college football’s most challenging slates again in ’22. In addition to facing nine teams that earned bowl-eligibility in 2021, five of Tech’s 12 opponents this season won at least nine games in ‘21, including each of their first four NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision opponents (Clemson, Ole Miss, UCF and Pitt).
at least there’s some new quarterbacks involved for most of these teams

stech81

Helluva Engineer
the only games we may struggle to be competitive in is uga, clemson and ole miss. no reason why the rest can’t be close considering we were pretty close to beating a lot of those teams. keep being negative i guess
not going to say that ain't right. But think of it like this who on our schedule has us marked down as a sure loss?

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
My prediction on odds-to-win, most challenging to least challenging.

- Dawgs. Obviously.
- Clemson. I expect a bounce back with a step up in QB play. Dabo is still Dabo.
- Ole Miss. This is likely a team that pushes for 9 wins in the SEC West.
- Pitt. ACC champs look to reload at QB.
- UVA. Armstrong coming back makes this tough, but it's still UVA not in Cville.
- UCF. If we end up with a competitive Oline, this is where we can start to do some damage. Still a lot of talent here.
- UNC. Not sure if Mack gets it done without Howell, but he's certainly recruiting.
- Miami. Always an enigma. This is mostly respect for the talent level, not recent results. But Mario is an upgrade in every way over the clown they fired.
- VT. Beatable, but we'll see with the new coach.
- FSU. Talented, but like us seem to struggle bringing it together.
- Duke. Weakest team in the conference, but capable of beating us if we don't bring it.
- W Carolina. Our best odds.