2022 Schedule??

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
There are a certain number of dates (full team workouts), and they don't have to be consecutive. The spring game is usually in April, but it is the conclusion of spring workouts. In between full team workouts, there are any number of position specific only workouts and weightlifting sessions. After spring game, its just normal conditioning and meetings until summer/fall camp begins.

JacketFan137

Banned
Sims passing rating would be even higher if he could play against his own defense LOL Unfortunately for him he does not get a stat -padding game like that ( like the rest of the Coastal QBs get)
with the combination of our line not getting any pressure, our dbs not covering anyone and our historic inability to contain running qbs (genuinely can go back to early johnson days and we still couldn’t stop a running qb), it really wouldn’t surprise me to watch sims 550 yards total against 2021 tech

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When any qb is under pressure he needs go to wr.
Picket , who is 4-0 against gt , came back last year because he wanted to pad his stats for pro prospects & he loves pitt ( blah, blah,. ) He had a stud wr and came in second in Heisman.
HOWELL - year before this he had 3 great / good WR . This past year he was on his own and unc struggled.
We are going to struggle till we get a wr that are capable of starting on a top 20 team.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
When any qb is under pressure he needs go to wr.
Picket , who is 4-0 against gt , came back last year because he wanted to pad his stats for pro prospects & he loves pitt ( blah, blah,. ) He had a stud wr and came in second in Heisman.
HOWELL - year before this he had 3 great / good WR . This past year he was on his own and unc struggled.
We are going to struggle till we get a wr that are capable of starting on a top 20 team.

On a Top 20 team?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Self fulfilling / circular argument.... once we’re a top 20, we will actually have TWO of them capable of starting on a top 20 team. What an embarrassment of riches!
Wasnt saying we need to be in top 20. When we have one wr thats could play on a top team , then we are on our way to being good.
We dont need mega tron or be be or waller - just some body that a top team would really want to start for them.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Wasnt saying we need to be in top 20. When we have one wr thats could play on a top team , then we are on our way to being good.
We dont need mega tron or be be or waller - just some body that a top team would really want to start for them.
No, but their clones would be nice! :cool:

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Since this is about schedule, anyone know for sure the first four games in order?

Yep, we know when the first four games are, but unsure once October starts. At least this version has the projected order of games. Ramblinwreck.com, as well as others, only have the remaining games - in alphabetical order so don't know at all when you are playing who. Based on earlier responses of Homecoming being late in October, looks like it is either UVA or UNC we will be playing. I just want a date so I can set up my AirBnB

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia beat Vandy 62-0, Arkansas 37-0, Florida 34-7, Missouri 43-6, and absolutely wiped the floor with B1G Champ and the #2 team in the country in Michigan. None of those games were against a team who had no hopes of playing in a bowl game with their starting QB and RB out. If you want to look at games and where Tech stands let’s look at the VT, UVA, and Pitt games. Not the one against the national champ who destroyed literally everyone they played except Alabama.

Everyone said at the beginning of the year they just wanted the team to be competitive. Well guess what, we were competitive with every team on our schedule except the 3 that played in NY6 bowls. The record is bad, and the NIU debacle should’ve never happened, but team Tech played that people said in the preseason we should be competitive with we were. This year the wins have to come to fruition, and I believe they will. Even with a historically bad defense we could’ve won 6 games last year. Clean that side of the ball up and get Sims a clean pocket and a little more developed and there’s still a lot of potential here.
Im sorry but " competitive" is not a word I would use to describe what I have watched for the past 3 years. Maybe Inconsistent. When you used Vandy as a comparison you lost me...

JacketFan137

Banned
Im sorry but " competitive" is not a word I would use to describe what I have watched for the past 3 years. Maybe Inconsistent. When you used Vandy as a comparison you lost me...
competitive in the sense that last year aside from pitt, ND, and uga (the three best teams on the schedule) were close. now obviously that needs to turn into wins at some point but considering the injuries to sims forcing us to play someone who wasn’t really an fbs qb, i think the team is a little better than people think, but not great at all

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
competitive in the sense that last year aside from pitt, ND, and uga (the three best teams on the schedule) were close. now obviously that needs to turn into wins at some point but considering the injuries to sims forcing us to play someone who wasn’t really an fbs qb, i think the team is a little better than people think, but not great at all
GT has History. Atlanta. World Class Education. They need to compete for the Coastal. I will hold my breath this year. Personally, Im not impressed w The Temple Coach. But that's just my opinion. You know what that's like ;). Everybody has one... I pull for GT because I have a understanding of the academic challenge the players have and most are High Character guys. The ones who struggle now have a easy exit. They used to just have to leave and act like it was their decision. Now they can just slide into the portal.