1657199611009.png

Noah Samol is 336
Riley Sanford is 406
Luke Schmolke is 424
Carsten Sabathia is 550

Last edited:

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
ESPN insider (subscription required) has C signee Lamar King ranked 102. I had not seen him on draft lists before.

Quick scan shows
Parada - 4
Simpson - 79
Maxwell - 129
Gonzalez - 157
Compton - 214

He stops at Top 300.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
ESPN insider (subscription required) has C signee Lamar King ranked 102. I had not seen him on draft lists before.

Quick scan shows
Parada - 4
Simpson - 79
Maxwell - 129
Gonzalez - 157
Compton - 214

He stops at Top 300.
Yeah, I saw King in Baseball America's ranking and was surprised. He's not that highly rated by Perfect Game, IIRC.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Has he always come from that arm angle?
Seems to me he was at more of a three quarter arm angle before. Now it looks like he has dropped down to more of a sidearm approach. In the reply section of the tweet it says he has changed his arm slot back to where he had it coming out of high school. Hopefully, he comes back to Tech with renewed confidence.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well tonight the draft starts for three sessions through Tuesday. This is going to be a major impact for our team next year. (duh)

Good thing for us is that players need to sign in only two weeks by August 1st if this is correct. So we won't have long to wait to see the final impact. As usual those taken today and tomorrow are very likely to sign (not 100% Rocker / Fabian didn't last year!) and Tuesday more speculative but there are only 20 rounds this year.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...any-rounds-prospects-signability/10031841002/

My guess is that 7 players on our roster sign. Some of our commit(s) will too. I'll go way out on a limb and say Parada is the our only player to be drafted tonight and he'll sign. (tic) No detailed basis as my past detailed attempts have been inconsistent with subsequent reality. Every player has his own unique unpublished set of circumstances.

12 of the top 30 projected are from HS. It'll be interesting to see how close it comes out to that. Since there are only 20 rounds, I think the number of college players taken will surprise individual college teams. And there will be a bunch of undrafted deals done by those players not drafted.

I went to a AAA game last night (Norfolk Tides versus Red Sox). What struck me was the lackluster attitude of the players on the field. I guess the grind of the minors puppy mill gets to them. I'd want my kid to stay in college unless there were big dollars attached. But that's just me.

Last edited: