2022 MLB Draft

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
this year's slots and values compared to last year's (inflation and all)....

1651324718447.png

Attachments

• 1651324619283.png
    1651324619283.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 2

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
so
  • 3 Kevin (Rangers $7.6M) (welcome to TX Kev! Leiter here)
  • 88 Tres (Rockies $713K)
  • 102 Maxwell (Brewers $600K)
  • 107 Compton (Orioles $571K)
  • 128 Chandler (Blue Jays $465K)

Jenkins HAS TO BE in the Top 100!
TOO GOOD NOT TO!!

First round ends at $2M
1651325354681.png

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Let's go Kevin!!
Let's go Jackets!!

Only the top 30 here....

MLB Mock
1651325532308.png

Kumar Rocker #22 to the Cardinals

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FSU and Clemson will set in motion a series of changes which presumptively lead to opening of other power 5 jobs such as Notre Dame and Michigan just as an example. Should be an interesting couple of weeks as coaches will want to finalize rosters as the transfer portal closes June 30th, and scholarship submissions must be made to the schools’ athletic department by July 1st.

I'd forgotten about the portal "closing" on June 30th. Actually stays open, but since player loses ability to play the following year, I agree it's effectively closed.

With the MLB draft starting 17 July, that makes player decisions even harder since they don't know what the elite team mates draft status is and thus position openings.

Too many variables in this one for me :barefoot:

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. Looks like they’re doing a much better job of getting actual prospects to the draft combine. Last year was the first year they did it, and it was mostly fringe draftees or mid to late round guys. This year they’ve got a lot of bonafide first rounders according to that list.

5 of the top 10 prospects, 31 of the top 50. I’m sure there’s a few who would go but are either going to Omaha or still finishing up Supers. Good to see dudes from all levels too. HS, JUCO, mid-major D1s, and powerhouse D1s. Maybe it will gain some traction and make the baseball draft more popular in the media, and help grow interest in both the college and HS levels, as well as the game in general.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
from the updated list....
View attachment 12584
so is there a legitimate chance that any of the above return to GT in order to improve their draft status? I think they are all classified as sophomores (rising juniors) but with 3 years of college experience. Just looking at stats all have solid upward trajectories with great stats for 2022 ...... except Maxwell. His potential seems very obvious though.

Of all of them, I would like to have Simpson back the most I think. Just because he is so dynamic.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
so is there a legitimate chance that any of the above return to GT in order to improve their draft status? I think they are all classified as sophomores (rising juniors) but with 3 years of college experience. Just looking at stats all have solid upward trajectories with great stats for 2022 ...... except Maxwell. His potential seems very obvious though.

Of all of them, I would like to have Simpson back the most I think. Just because he is so dynamic.
I'd love to see him stay but find it very unlikely. It would seem near impossible to improve at the plate and he would risk falling fast in the draft were he to fall back to even a .300 BA. The only scenario that I think would bring him back for another year is if he gets feedback from the scouts that they want to see him play centerfield which I truly believe is where he has the most potential. Can you imagine the number of hits to the gap that he could run down with his speed. I don't think he has a future at 2B IMO.