2022-23 GTWBB

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Any early guesses on the starting lineup next year? My guess at this point would be Morgan, Johnson, Dunn, Blackshear and one of the two freshman bigs Bediako or Thomas. From what I have read Thomas is probably more ACC ready.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Any early guesses on the starting lineup next year? My guess at this point would be Morgan, Johnson, Dunn, Blackshear and one of the two freshman bigs Bediako or Thomas. From what I have read Thomas is probably more ACC ready.
OAS, I predicted Johnson and Erin Houpt. We better not be done because most ACC schools grabbed 2 or 3 or 4 already out of the portal.

I don’t know what Tech will do, but Morgan, Johnson and Dunn in a three guard set. My inside game would have two forwards in Thomas and Blackshear. Better not be relying on those two inside projects/newbies.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
OAS, I predicted Johnson and Erin Houpt. We better not be done because most ACC schools grabbed 2 or 3 or 4 already out of the portal.

I don’t know what Tech will do, but Morgan, Johnson and Dunn in a three guard set. My inside game would have two forwards in Thomas and Blackshear. Better not be relying on those two inside projects/newbies.
This has to be right. The portal still is open for almost three more weeks.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck

Houpt would be a great addition. Another 40%+ 3-point shooter

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Sydney Johnson from B.U. is a 5’9” Graduate Transfer. Looked at transferring to GT in the past. Played at Boston University. From The Lovett School, in Atlanta. AWARDS
• All-Patriot League First Team (2022)
• All-Patriot League Tournament Team (2022)
• Patriot League Player of the Week (1/31/22)
• All-Patriot League Second Team (2021)
• All-Patriot League Tournament Team (2021)
• Patriot League All-Rookie Team (2020)

If I had to guess, Sydney would be the next one to join the team.

This got pushed back a few pages, but I called Swartz last year and Johnson this year. That’s a 66.7% LOL. Jackson was told a day prior, therefore that doesn’t count. Ha!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Lena is Joe Girardi’s daughter.
————————————————
Jewel Spear from WF is in the portal. Have no idea if GT has an interest. Would put us right back in the Top 25, if we got so lucky. She might want to be closer to Texas or with a Pink Blood school?
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4433481/jewel-spear
Has two more years of eligibility.
Career Accolades:
ACC Leading Scorer in 2021-22, the first sophomore since 2011-12
2022 All-ACC First Team
Recorded the second-highest scoring game in program history with 40 points against ETSU on Dec. 13
Set the program record with 10 three-point makes against ETSU
2021 ACC All-Freshman Team
2021 ACC All-Academic Team
2021 ACC All-Tournament Team
Named to the 2021 USA Basketball U19 World Championship Team, helping them capture the Gold Medal in Hungary
Holds the Wake Forest freshman record with 2.32 three-point makes per game
Tied ACC Tournament record with seven three-point makes in a single game
29 points is the highest total by a freshman in the Jen Hoover era

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck

Erin Houpt committed to San Diego St. Sucks for us but don't blame anyone that wants to live in San Diego

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Laura Williams // 6’2” // Wing Foreard // Fairfax, Va. // HS: Paul VI // ESPN W Hoop Gurlz 4star 91 grade // Offers: GT, FSU, Columbia, Pitt, Howard, Clemson, USFla, Liberty, NC A&T, Myd, Wm&Mary, JMU, Manhattan, Grambling St, Penn St, Penn, Fla Atlantic, George Mason, Elon, UNCG, GWash, Towson

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
-Caitlyn Wilson 2G // Grad. Trf., 5th yr. Sr. // Height: 5-10 // Hometown: Cordova, Tenn. // High School: Arlington // Prev. School: Chipola Junior College // Committed: May 04, 2023

Last edited: