2021 Preseason Thread

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Oh well it's up with the White and Gold,
Down with the Red and Black,
Georgia Tech is out for a victory.
We'll drop the battle-axe on <redacted due to profanity> head,
When we meet her our team is sure to beat her.
Down on the old farm there will be no sound
Till our bow-wows rip through the air;
When the battle is over<redacted due to profanity> team will be found
With the Yellow Jackets swarming around!

One of the redeeming qualities of the Greek system is that those of us who went through it absolutely know all the words to all the songs, even the Alma Mater (although I've forgotten parts of that.) Now there's something that most of us mumble through!

Last edited:

One of the redeeming qualities of the Greek system is that those of us who went through it absolutely know all the words to all the songs, even the Alma Mater (although I've forgotten parts of that.) Now there's something that most of us mumble through!
Is that because as a pledge if you didn't know the words they would make you chug.....lol....

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Wow! I don’t think I ever knew all the words to the Alma Mater. Of course, I usually wasn’t in any position to sing, what with the whole playing the trombone thing. I know most of the words to the x-rated version, though!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Interviews from 1980. How hard is it for each person to have access to a microphone?
In the interim the coaches could be instructed to mention the players name (associated with the question). We hear what the coaches say but most times have no clue who he is talking about. Of course a microphone for the person asking the question would be better.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow! I don’t think I ever knew all the words to the Alma Mater. Of course, I usually wasn’t in any position to sing, what with the whole playing the trombone thing. I know most of the words to the x-rated version, though!
I was in band too, so I sometimes get tongue tied saying the words, but I never miss the claps!

slugboy

Staff member
That’s “Up with the White and Gold”. The Alma Mater is much less fun.
If you research “the farm” and the axe, you find out where the song came from…

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This quote jumped out at me from the latest AJC article:

“I think our defensive backs realize that it’s coming because of our defensive line,” safeties coach Nathan Burton said. “Our defensive line has progressed so much. (In practice), they’re making the quarterback uncomfortable in the pocket, and we have a good offensive line.”

Exactly what question was asked isn't in the article. But it's about the secondary and quoting Nate Burton. I find it very interesting (telling?) that his answer went to optimism for the D-line. That he, the safeties coach, is optimistic about the pass rush from the front 4 helping his group. Moreso, that he mentions off-hand and as if it's a known fact: "we have a good offensive line.” No one who watched the team the last two years would take that on faith. That makes me think he really believes it, based on what his group is going against in practice. At least, that it's much improved from prior year's practices.

What if Tech is above average in the ACC on both lines this season? With our secondary and RB talent, Sims at QB. If we can find a couple LBs and WRs to step up. All of a sudden, Tech might be a pretty decent team.