2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
These first two games get The Four Horsemen one & all into the starting lineup.
Hopefully, the DH will come into the NL next year. The only way Max Fried hits in this series is as a PH.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
2 of 3 strikes to Freeman were balls. We’re going to see a huge run differential from Umpire Scorecards again.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Love you, Fred-You really are the best!

Speaking of goodness….Austin Riley(@kg01 gave me permission to promote his boy every chance)and Babe Fried Ruth, should win a silver slugger. Freddie and Ozzie, why not?….

Sorry Buzz, but rooting for the deGrominator for NL silver slugger at pitcher. Many games he pitched he was the Mets only offense. At one point in the season he had more RBI than earned runs allowed... Unfortunately didn't play after the All Star break, but still the best to me!

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow

I thought it would be MUCH worse. But another game, another Braves' disadvantage.

I don't get it. 12 playoff games, 11 games with a Braves' disadvantage (and the only game with a Braves' advantage was the one where the dropped pop-up was called a catch). d'Arnaud is an above average framing catcher - ranked higher than Will Smith and Manny Pina. I don't get the reasoning for this. I don't think it's a conspiracy, but I can't come up with any other excuses.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Cincy; I definitely thought about deGrom and his hitting acumen. He’s blessed as a complete ball player. Swift of feet, too! My reasoning was the total of games played, as you referred to. Also, I get biased with Maxie because he trained and still consults with Reggie Smith from Southern Cali. The Braves even hired him as a consultant for Fried a couple of years ago. Not sure if he’s still on the Liberty payroll?

I wish Atlanta had Soroka right now. Don’t like to see injuries, especially to great pitchers like the Mets have, particularly Jake.
————————————————————————————————————

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Burgundy Boys-
Sit around and review a bottle of wine after the game.
Led by Eddie Perez….other members are Joctober, Ian Anderson, Luke Jackson(pretty sure he was drinking during the Dodger pregames?).

Hearing that Minter is tentatively scheduled to start Game 4.
Rain in the forecast. Fried & Anderson and pray for rain.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
This will be a great weekend for Atlanta fans. These Braves are 2 wins from a World Series championship, our Jackets have a very beatable vt, the Falcons appear to be showing some semblance of consistent winning gameplay, and the Hawks looking like an Eastern Conference Champ again. 🗣Go ATL (404)!!!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m a little concerned about our 6-0 record in the playoffs, for these next two bullpen games. I’ll settle for a win and then Fried, Anderson intact for games 6,7.
Before you jump on me, I’d love to win both and end it! Is that realistic against the best offense in baseball? Sure we got good pitching from all 5 tonight, but that was the Night Shift. The next two nights we go to F-Troop, if any of you remember that sitcom?

I would like to see Tucker Davidson and Kyle Wright start the next two, and go as long as they can. Who I don’t want to see? Dylan Lee, Drew Smyly and too much of Luke.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Anybody have a guess on why Webb, Rodriguez, Strider and Mueller are not on the roster? Is it the best 26? Terrance Gore?