2021 Atlanta Braves

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
What’s going on with tickets? This time yesterday I picked up section 217 for $550. Today the cheapest ticket (400 corner) is $1100. Crazy.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
1 hour before the game and tickets are still at $1000 for the he cheapest nose bleed. In the rain. On a day they can’t clinch. Terrible.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Tonight the plate ump is giving hitters a real break on balls high in the strike zone and giving pitchers the low balls. That really favors pitchers like Grienke.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I would like to see Tucker Davidson and Kyle Wright start the next two, and go as long as they can. Who I don’t want to see? Dylan Lee, Drew Smyly and too much of Luke.
Posted that prior to game 4.

With Luke pitching, Rosario had to make that instructional video of turn your back on a cannon shot that will hit the top of the fence, unless you stick your glove out just in case you might snag it. Lol. That’s how you know things are going right for you.

I‘d love to see Davidson tonight, for as long as he can go. Astros have not seen him. He can throw close to 100 mph on his heater with movement. You’ll probably see Drew, but we need a short leash on him. Would be sweet to clinch at home, but we are set up nice for 7, with Max, Ian and Kyle.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You start to feel like it's your year when the 2 deciding HRs clear the fence by a total of less than 6 inches COMBINED.

Enormous win... & the way it happened... a bit of a dagger to Houston. OTOH... Astros are a veteran team. I'm sure they see a path to get 3 in a row.

Keep grinding Braves!

They certainly have a path to win.

And I'm certain they'll do everything they can to do it. Fight, scratch, chea...er, maybe they oughta go through metal detectors pregame today. :cautious:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Posted that prior to game 4.

With Luke pitching, Rosario had to make that instructional video of turn your back on a cannon shot that will hit the top of the fence, unless you stick your glove out just in case you might snag it. Lol. That’s how you know things are going right for you.

I‘d love to see Davidson tonight, for as long as he can go. Astros have not seen him. He can throw close to 100 mph on his heater with movement. You’ll probably see Drew, but we need a short leash on him. Would be sweet to clinch at home, but we are set up nice for 7, with Max, Ian and Kyle.

I'm kinda cool on Max. Seems kinda janky lately.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I'm kinda cool on Max. Seems kinda janky lately.
Yes, that last game was a rough start, but then he settled in and got command of his pitches.

He is the most experienced starter we have, less Drew Smyly. I can’t stand bullpen games. It’s a race to pull the ones who are not “on” that game. And how many are coming in, increases the chances of disaster. Wright saved us last night. When Lee loaded the bases, the game could have been over before it started. In the olden days, before you were born, the ‘pen was for keeping animals. The relief pitcher was for first aid, and true injured players. Right now for older school me, it’s Ian, Max, Kyle and a day of rain.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I‘d love to see Davidson tonight, for as long as he can go. Astros have not seen him. He can throw close to 100 mph on his heater with movement. BuzzB. quote.