2021 Adidas SWAG watch

MidtownJacket

Staff member
That Washington gets cooler swag than us actually is beginning to offend me.

Good news is that we are half way through the partnership. Maybe we go Nike and make @Milwaukee’s year

Wait, I missed this but he has been Banned? Is there a place to see who has been PermaBanned v shorter term sentences? Also, what they’re busted for? Am curious as I don’t really frequent the political boards much anymore.

Last edited:

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
lol Adidas sucks, most of the gear that shows up under GT isn't even GT branded, just generic blue adidas crap. What a garbage company.
Well, I'm not upset that their website is garbage, that's not where they get most of their collegiate sales... that goes to Fanatics, bookstores, and sites like ramblinwreckstore.com. I'm upset that they are clearly not considering us in the same category as their other P5 schools.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

anybody know where I can buy the hay Coach Key is wearing ? In case the link dosent work it’s in “#GT Camp 21 post practice presser” on RamblingWreck.com. Football multimedia

I've got that hat...somewhere. Bought like 3-4 of them at the bookstore (I buy multiples of hats I like, since I have such a large head and good fitting hats are HARD to find). Don't know where a single one of them are now though! In storage somewhere...need to get hands on all my GT stuff soon.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Good news is that we are half way through the partnership. Maybe we go Nike and make @Milwaukee’s year

Wait, I missed this but he has been Banned? Is there a place to see who has been PermaBanned v shorter term sentences? Also, what they’re busted for? Am curious as I don’t really frequent the political boards much anymore.
lol, go to Nike and see if we are high on their priority list. I'm sure we will match ugag and Alabama item per item.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I

I know Under Armour is reeling financially, but I really wish we would have went to them. I think we would have gotten the best gear with them, as we’ve gotten pretty damn good stuff from UA even when they haven’t been our uniform providers. With Nike and even Adidas, we just don’t sell enough merch to be important to them.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I just wish we had a deal with someone who would sell our gear. It’s great that the coaches and team are being supplied but there isn’t much follow through for the fans, we shouldn’t have to hunt for stuff the coaches are wearing, I’m missing the marketing plan on this I guess

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I just wish we had a deal with someone who would sell our gear. It’s great that the coaches and team are being supplied but there isn’t much follow through for the fans, we shouldn’t have to hunt for stuff the coaches are wearing, I’m missing the marketing plan on this I guess
My understanding is that basically everything the coaches and players wear with custom logos and graphics is produced at GT by GT off standard template adidas ||| shirts.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
My understanding is that basically everything the coaches and players wear with custom logos and graphics is produced at GT by GT off standard template adidas ||| shirts.
That’s my understanding as well. Adidas supplies the blank apparel…”sand”, white, navy, whatever color, and our staff has the custom logos and graphics applied. Does not come from Adidas as worn by the staff.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Well then that kinda hurts the purpose of marketing the team dosent it ? Why have a deal that dosent make your “team apparel“ as it appears on the sideline, available for purchase.?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Well then that kinda hurts the purpose of marketing the team dosent it ? Why have a deal that dosent make your “team apparel“ as it appears on the sideline, available for purchase.?
I’m pretty sure the marketing for Adidas is in the exposure of the Adodas logo on our uniforms and staff when on TV, etc. They are the ones paying large money and supplying merchandise for their benefit, not ours. And I don’t think they ever expect to get return on that investment on equal or greater revenue in sales of GT branded Adidas gear. No way in the world are we (GT fan base) going to purchase over 3 million dollars a year in Adidas GT merch to even allow them to break even.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
No. They sell us plenty of standard issue sideline gear, the same stuff issued to the team. What they don’t sell us is the one-off designs that Collins does for the team. Do y’all just not pay attention?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
No. They sell us plenty of standard issue sideline gear, the same stuff issued to the team. What they don’t sell us is the one-off designs that Collins does for the team. Do y’all just not pay attention?

Jezz guys y’all getting offended about clothing. I have no idea how apparel contracts work or how Tech Coaches get their stuff. Regardless of who does what and why, I think it’s totally reasonable to wonder why we can’t get the stuff coaches wear. I guess if I worked for Adidas or Tech I would know this stuff but I don’t so I ask. I apologize if my corporate knowledge of Techs clothing deals is lacking. I’d still think someone would incorporate the clothing seen on the sideline into some sales site somewhere given it’s a tremendous opportunity to further promote the school AND raise money, but hey maybe I’m just extremely stupid. No further info needed, sorry I wanted to buy Tech gear or cared. :banghead:

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Jezz guys y’all getting offended about clothing. I have no idea how apparel contracts work or how Tech Coaches get their stuff. Regardless of who does what and why, I think it’s totally reasonable to wonder why we can’t get the stuff coaches wear. I guess if I worked for Adidas or Tech I would know this stuff but I don’t so I ask. I apologize if my corporate knowledge of Techs clothing deals is lacking. I’d still think someone would incorporate the clothing seen on the sideline into some sales site somewhere given it’s a tremendous opportunity to further promote the school AND raise money, but hey maybe I’m just extremely stupid. No further info needed, sorry I wanted to buy Tech gear or cared. :banghead:
What I’m saying is, many of the shirts, and shorts, and pants, and hoodies, and hats that they wear—you can buy them. They have literally been for sale every season. That doesn’t mean, though, that every special item Collins has done up we can buy—of course the players and coaches get some special items. Not trying to be rude, just not sure how this isn’t apparent if you look at what they wear and look at what is for sale.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Well Buzz since my initial question was where can I buy the hat that Key was wearing last week in his press conference and the closest I could get is a Swarm member saying he bought one a year ago but hasn’t seen it since and it not being on any website or at the bookstore, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they don’t spend to much time selling the stuff the coaches wear. I’ve been to every sporting goods website and EBay and it simply isn’t available anywhere that I can find, so they ain’t selling that hat, which was my point, they don’t sell what the coaches wear to any meaningful degree

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Well Buzz since my initial question was where can I buy the hat that Key was wearing last week in his press conference and the closest I could get is a Swarm member saying he bought one a year ago but hasn’t seen it since and it not being on any website or at the bookstore, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they don’t spend to much time selling the stuff the coaches wear. I’ve been to every sporting goods website and EBay and it simply isn’t available anywhere that I can find, so they ain’t selling that hat, which was my point, they don’t sell what the coaches wear to any meaningful degree
That hat is from a previous season. It was on sale then, they sold out of them. They make new stuff each season, and, overwhelmingly, don’t continue to sell previous seasons’ stuff once it sells out. You have to check fanatics.com and ramblinwreckstore.com and the bookstore starting in August and running through the end of football season each year in order to purchase items for that season.