2021 Adidas SWAG watch

MidtownJacket

Staff member
My understanding is that basically everything the coaches and players wear with custom logos and graphics is produced at GT by GT off standard template adidas ||| shirts.

Jezz guys y’all getting offended about clothing. I have no idea how apparel contracts work or how Tech Coaches get their stuff. Regardless of who does what and why, I think it’s totally reasonable to wonder why we can’t get the stuff coaches wear. I guess if I worked for Adidas or Tech I would know this stuff but I don’t so I ask. I apologize if my corporate knowledge of Techs clothing deals is lacking. I’d still think someone would incorporate the clothing seen on the sideline into some sales site somewhere given it’s a tremendous opportunity to further promote the school AND raise money, but hey maybe I’m just extremely stupid. No further info needed, sorry I wanted to buy Tech gear or cared. :banghead:
@Technut1990 was trying to be helpful; apologies if it came off differently than I intended.

I couldn’t agree more that a lot of fans would buy much of what the team and coaching staff are issued. It’s been a consistent gripe of mine and I share that feedback regularly, and consistently, with friends who are part of the AA and general Alumni group leadership. I hear you and agree. Let us give the program [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅100)̲̅$̲̅]!

Having said that, Section 103 just released a welcome to Atlanta shirt that is very similar to the team issued gear: https://www.section103.com/products/georgia-tech-welcome-to-atlanta-t-shirt admittedly it isn’t the clean traditional design of the hat you mentioned CBK wearing, but hey it’s a start.

It was the winner of their current customer survey for what the people wanted. Hopefully they’ll continue doing similar graphics like this. It’s fresh and I really like what they’re doing (shout out to @Ibeeballin for making me aware of them) and as has been mentioned on a few threads they’re a GT alumni company.

ps I ordered the heck outta the shirt. Even did a TD end zone dance when I clicked purchase (am so happy my toddler just went along and didn’t critique my moves).

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
That hat is from a previous season. It was on sale then, they sold out of them. They make new stuff each season, and, overwhelmingly, don’t continue to sell previous seasons’ stuff once it sells out. You have to check fanatics.com and ramblinwreckstore.com and the bookstore starting in August and running through the end of football season each year in order to purchase items for that season.

well that’s a pretty crappy job at selling things then, good thing Buzz is a year to year team mascot. If the team is wearing it then it should be for sale OR either someone needs to tell Key his hat is old and he needs to take it off because that was last years thing.

I'm just saying, who in the hell discontinues good things ? They sold out and decided to discontinue them ? Wonderful strategy. wonder if Coke ever thought about discontinuing Coke or better yet gas was so last year, why keep selling it ? Terrible way to sell your team to the public. Seriously ? They sold out of a product and failed to restock it ? Seriously ? That really sounds very stupid, but you’ve taught me something.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
well that’s a pretty crappy job at selling things then, good thing Buzz is a year to year team mascot. If the team is wearing it then it should be for sale OR either someone needs to tell Key his hat is old and he needs to take it off because that was last years thing.

I'm just saying, who in the hell discontinues good things ? They sold out and decided to discontinue them ? Wonderful strategy. wonder if Coke ever thought about discontinuing Coke or better yet gas was so last year, why keep selling it ? Terrible way to sell your team to the public. Seriously ? They sold out of a product and failed to restock it ? Seriously ? That really sounds very stupid, but you’ve taught me something.
As said earlier, each season’s gear is only sold that season pretty much, or until all original stock is gone (sometimes doesn’t sell out that season and is closed out in the subsequent season). This is how ALL apparel companies work. Their product lines are scripted, announced, sent to stores, and are done at the end of that season. A “season” in apparel could be a calendar year, or just one of the 4 seasons of a year (winter, spring, summer, fall). This is why when we order apparel as a retailer we will have a “Spring 2021” catalog to order from. Now often times a popular piece/model will carry over from season to season, but colorways almost always change. The white with gold bill and gold GT hat you’re looking at was a 2019 season hat. It was replaced in 2020 by an all white with gold GT variant.

Here, I pulled out some of my stock to show. Left is the hat you’re looking for from the 2019 season. Right is last year’s version (2020).

B5D88F85-783E-409B-8406-15AFB641FD44.jpeg

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
As said earlier, each season’s gear is only sold that season pretty much, or until all original stock is gone (sometimes doesn’t sell out that season and is closed out in the subsequent season). This is how ALL apparel companies work. Their product lines are scripted, announced, sent to stores, and are done at the end of that season. A “season” in apparel could be a calendar year, or just one of the 4 seasons of a year (winter, spring, summer, fall). This is why when we order apparel as a retailer we will have a “Spring 2021” catalog to order from. Now often times a popular piece/model will carry over from season to season, but colorways almost always change. The white with gold bill and gold GT hat you’re looking at was a 2019 season hat. It was replaced in 2020 by an all white with gold GT variant.

Here, I pulled out some of my stock to show. Left is the hat you’re looking for from the 2019 season. Right is last year’s version (2020).

View attachment 11015
the white with gold bill is my favorite one. the one i got is slightly to big tho. thats the one thing i hate about buying fitted hats online. cant try it on. and living in Washington state, i cant just go out and find one that fits :(:(

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 11015
Hat on the left bothers me. Brim doesn't match the GT gold. That irks me so much.