2021 ACC Baseball

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Weekend #1 of ACC play. Feels stranger than I thought it would having conference games before we're out of Feb in 2nd weekend of the season. All in All... 12 ACC teams have conference games. The exceptions are Clemson (playing S.Carolina) and Louisville (playing Western Illinois).

Here is the ACC slate.

Georgia Tech at NC State (if you're picking the marquee ACC series... this would be it)
Boston College at Duke
Virginia at North Carolina
Notre Dame at Wake Forest
Pitt at Florida State
Virginia Tech at Miami

So... 3 inter-divisional series, 2 Coastal series, 1 Atlantic series

ETA... the UVA at UNC series is Thurs, Fri, Sat (just noticed that)

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
UNC hung on against UVA 3-2 in the ACC opener. Sounds like Justin Thompson (CF) put the team on his back both on offense and defense.

Watched the last few innings. He had a pretty incredible catch to rob an extra base hit in the 9th for the second out. And then proceeded to celebrate like it was the last out in Omaha with the second baseman sprinting out to CF to flex with him. For a few seconds I legit thought they had forgotten how many outs they were on.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
CRAZY play just now in the Clemson/USCe game. Clemson down 2-1 T6 with a runner on 1st and 1 out. Runner goes on the pitch that ends up being ball 4. Infielder tags him on the head before he slides in - which doesn’t matter because it was ball 4. Runner standing on the bag looks confused and asks the umpire if he’s out. Umpire calls him out not realizing it was ball 4. Runner leaves the bag and starts walking towards the dugout and then stops when he hears his dugout complaining. USCe infielder walks up and tags him. Umpires get together and decide the he's out.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
CRAZY play just now in the Clemson/USCe game. Clemson down 2-1 T6 with a runner on 1st and 1 out. Runner goes on the pitch that ends up being ball 4. Infielder tags him on the head before he slides in - which doesn’t matter because it was ball 4. Runner standing on the bag looks confused and asks the umpire if he’s out. Umpire calls him out not realizing it was ball 4. Runner leaves the bag and starts walking towards the dugout and then stops when he hears his dugout complaining. USCe infielder walks up and tags him. Umpires get together and decide the he's out.
Ouch

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
So Everyone Cheats

THWG

Helluva Engineer
That's a bit ridiculous right there. The umps should have let him go back to 2nd.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
All 6 ACC series are thru 2 games now. 3 teams can pull series sweeps today...
Ga Tech at NCST
Pitt at FSU (already a significant upset... I think)
UNC v UVA

The rest have split so far...
BC at Duke
VT at Miami
ND at Wake
Looking over today's scores (D1Baseball):

#15 Tech sweeps #13 NC State!
#12 UVA beats UNC 3-2 to lose the series 1-2
#24 FSU up 7-5 in the 9th to try to avoid a sweep against Pitt at FSU...

ND beats #16 Wake Forest 10-0 to take the series at Wake
BC beats #25 Duke 5-2 to take the series at Duke
VT beats #6 Miami 9-6 to win the series at Miami

Have I missed anything other than Clemson and USCe battling at 7-7 after USCe took yesterday's game 3-2?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looking over today's scores (D1Baseball):

#15 Tech sweeps #13 NC State!
#12 UVA beats UNC 3-2 to lose the series 1-2
#24 FSU up 7-5 in the 9th to try to avoid a sweep against Pitt at FSU...

ND beats #16 Wake Forest 10-0 to take the series at Wake
BC beats #25 Duke 5-2 to take the series at Duke
VT beats #6 Miami 9-6 to win the series at Miami

Have I missed anything other than Clemson and USCe battling at 7-7 after USCe took yesterday's game 3-2?

Clempy lost B9. I should be unhappy but I'm not.