2021 ACC and Competition News

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
In 2014 after they lost to Duke and a terrible unc team - i was really bummed.
Were u still confident??.
When I watched the slaughter of NCSt when we changed to giant OL blocking, we got season tickets. That team was loaded w sr skill talent.

Imo, in 2 years we will be ready to pay Collins or buy a new coach. Just not enough depth now to be ""good"" .

This.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
UVA isn’t good, but they’re good at passing, and we’re poor at pass defense. It’s a bad matchup for us in that aspect of the game.

Here’s the UVA-Miami advanced stats. They got 4 sacks against Miami, which is a problem for use to solve in pass pro. Virginia’s pass defense looks pretty good. They look vulnerable to the rush.

Kinda hard to figure.UNC trashed UVa by 20. We clobbered UNC. Pitt killed us. Duke and GT played even. I have NO idea how we will match up against UVa, but they remind me of UNC...good passing team, but not so great on D. I just have a feeling we match up better against teams like that than we would against teams with solid run games.

i think we now have a decent shot at Miami as well, with their QB troubles.

I think BC is simply above us in LOS talent and coaching. That's an L

It will come down to upsetting VPI&SU to get to 6 wins.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
ESPN's FPI projects us at 2 more wins. I hope we beat that... but through the 6 games so far, that seems about right.

Hard to argue with that using logic. But we're fans, so to heck with their forecasting algorithm!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He’s been a dawg fan for a long time. Always wondered how that happened or if he’s just always been an airhead.
He's being a good businessman here. Which alumni group is mostly like fans of his (and his buddy Larry the Cable Guy) schtick??? He plays to the same group that Uncle Lou is catering to on Youtube. Never bite the hand that feeds you!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
He’s been a dawg fan for a long time. Always wondered how that happened or if he’s just always been an airhead.
He's being a good businessman here. Which alumni group is mostly like fans of his (and his buddy Larry the Cable Guy) schtick??? He plays to the same group that Uncle Lou is catering to on Youtube. Never bite the hand that feeds you!
I never understood his popularity. Most unfunny comedian I ever heard.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'll leave this here to avoid a new thread. Doesn't really help us since GT will probably hold the school's standards, but I can see schools (looking at you SEC) totally waiving it. I think most ACC schools will uphold their test standards, but schools like Louisville might let it slide.

slugboy

Staff member
  1. Don’t click the Feinbaum video. You’ve been warned
  2. Some reasons why Clemson is having a rough year
  3. Their run game isn’t what it was. They miss Etienne
  4. Other teams aren’t stacking the box
  5. Well, DJU isn’t Trevor Lawrence

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Kinda hard to figure.UNC trashed UVa by 20. We clobbered UNC. Pitt killed us. Duke and GT played even. I have NO idea how we will match up against UVa, but they remind me of UNC...good passing team, but not so great on D. I just have a feeling we match up better against teams like that than we would against teams with solid run games.

i think we now have a decent shot at Miami as well, with their QB troubles.

I think BC is simply above us in LOS talent and coaching. That's an L

It will come down to upsetting VPI&SU to get to 6 wins.
The differences between the two teams is that UVA does not have anyone quite like Downs but UVA has an experienced, tough, offensive line that excels at pass blocking. The total yardage in the UVA vs UNC game was well over 1,000 yards. UNC managed a couple of second half stops and that was the difference. UVA has no running game to speak of, while UNC at least has that 5 star transfer from Tennessee. We will have to play better, much better to beat UVA. Three and outs against that team is the kiss of death.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Something I never thought I would see:

The crazy Clemson celebration after Syracuse missed the potential game tying FG last night. You would think the Tigers had just won the CFP instead not covering the line in a game against a team without an ACC win.
Somehow the image of a homeless man scoring a half eaten bagel on the street comes to mind. Desperate times in the ACC.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Something I never thought I would see:

The crazy Clemson celebration after Syracuse missed the potential game tying FG last night. You would think the Tigers had just won the CFP instead not covering the line in a game against a team without an ACC win.

The fans storm the field to "meet at the paw" after every home game, even if they win by 50. It's a Clemson tradition.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Clemson has a fantastic defense, may be 2nd only to UGA, but their offense is a mess. Their OL is not good at run or pass blocking and they lack the talent at RB to make up for some of that. And as others have said DJ is no Trevor Lawrence and his receivers are not as good.

They haven't scored 20 points yet this season against an FBS defense (i'm excluding the TD scored in overtime against NCST that got them to 21). They are basically relying on their defense to hold opponent offenses to 14 points or less in order to win.

I haven't seen a game yet where their offense looked 'good'. The knives are out at Clemson for most of their offensive staff starting with their OL coah Caldwell and OC Tony Elliott.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The fans storm the field to "meet at the paw" after every home game, even if they win by 50. It's a Clemson tradition.
It was the celebration by the Clemson football players that I was referencing. While there may have been some Clemson fans at the Carrier Dome, they were pretty much confined to the stands.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It was the celebration by the Clemson football players that I was referencing. While there may have been some Clemson fans at the Carrier Dome, they were pretty much confined to the stands.

Gotcha. Didn't watch since A.) I'm not a Clemson fan and B.) I was at my daughters HS homecoming football game (She's in the band).

Is it odd to see players celebrate a victory of any sort?

At least it wasn't this:

r624280_1153x649_16-9.jpg