2020 Atlanta Braves News

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I just hope AA doesn't wind up shatting the bed and messing up the Braves organization:cigar:

He messed around and scratched the organization at the exact right itch .. division titles. Keep 'em coming and he'll be a Brave for life, baybee.

Who needs World Serieses when you can raise a division banner without exercising that check-writin' wrist (much).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Purchasing the ice cream maker for kg02, I’m seeing your belly growing during this baseball season! Good Dad, samples and compliments his Daughter. When the store opens, you’ll be working for her.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Now that we are almost ready to start the ST games, how would you rate the off-season moves for the Atlanta Braves?

I’m giving them a B+ overall:
Bullpen...A+(Will Smith, and signing all of the revamped ‘pen from July). Webb, Dayton, healthy. Financial wiggle room for 2021, w/ expiring contracts post ‘20).

OF... B+(I really like Ozuna for a year. Several injuries in the second half, hurt this group. Aging ‘Kakes for another year, as a gateway to Pache & Waters).

IF....C(The one area we could cover the loss of JD on, was Camargo/Riley. Some other teams would like to have our problem. Other 3 positions, returnees are solid. Hechavarria a nice resign.).

C....C(Alex might have signed the 2nd best hitting catcher available. I’m just not a Flowers fan, especially if he starts in more than 20-25 games).

SP...C-(I love Hammels, low risk, high reward by just his presence & experience. Felix is a bit of a long shot. Didn’t add a high profile young stud, but we do have young AAAA pitchers on the cusp. Lost Keuchel and Tehran. Newk to get another chance.

Farm system....A(We left it alone. A big positive. No trades. Set for the future. The 2020 June selections, left in place for the most part. Gain a sandwich pick, lose the two regular ones around it).

Stability with front office and coaching staff. Set for a potential division three-peat.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Now that we are almost ready to start the ST games, how would you rate the off-season moves for the Atlanta Braves?

I’m giving them a B+ overall:
Bullpen...A+(Will Smith, and signing all of the revamped ‘pen from July). Webb, Dayton, healthy. Financial wiggle room for 2021, w/ expiring contracts post ‘20).

OF... B+(I really like Ozuna for a year. Several injuries in the second half, hurt this group. Aging ‘Kakes for another year, as a gateway to Pache & Waters).

IF....C(The one area we could cover the loss of JD on, was Camargo/Riley. Some other teams would like to have our problem. Other 3 positions, returnees are solid. Hechavarria a nice resign.).

C....C(Alex might have signed the 2nd best hitting catcher available. I’m just not a Flowers fan, especially if he starts in more than 20-25 games).

SP...C-(I love Hammels, low risk, high reward by just his presence & experience. Felix is a bit of a long shot. Didn’t add a high profile young stud, but we do have young AAAA pitchers on the cusp. Lost Keuchel and Tehran. Newk to get another chance.

Farm system....A(We left it alone. A big positive. No trades. Set for the future. The 2020 June selections, left in place for the most part. Gain a sandwich pick, lose the two regular ones around it).

Stability with front office and coaching staff. Set for a potential division three-peat.
I would give the Braves offseason moves a B+ grade