2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A discussion going on over in the Hive, Water Cooler concerning Newk. and Wright starting, but they left the reliever out of the conversation who might make it easier for Sean to leave the bullpen in early April. Also, a comparison between Soroka refining his 4-seam fastball this Spring, and the difference in a 2-seamer. Here was my reply(& as usual, open to your thoughts and having dialogue on The Swarm):

“Don’t forget Grant Dayton, LHRP. All indicators, have him healthy. This would allow Newk. to stretch out and start. Alex and Snit. promised him(S.N.)an opportunity to be in the rotation.”

Side note: “When I’m standing at the plate, a two-seamer acts more like a forkball. You can see it dropping and more times than not, you lay off because of the lack of pinpoint control by most pitchers. Reaction time is limited, so the straight four-you have to turn the wrists on quickly since it is typically a tad faster and much flatter. If Soroka can place it where he wants it for a batters weak area(usually not in the center of the zone), he can more effectively change speeds with a breaking pitch in that same area, becoming more dangerous from the hill.”

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Per MLBTR:
The Braves announced Monday morning that they’ve promoted general manager Alex Anthopoulos to president of baseball operations and extended his contract through the 2024 season. The Atlanta organization also announced contract extensions for manager Brian Snitker and his entire coaching staff; they’ll now be in place through the 2021 season. Anthopoulos had previously bee under contract through the 2021 season, while Snitker was signed through 2020 with a club option for 2021.

“I am very pleased that Alex will be leading the Atlanta Braves’ baseball operations for years to come,” chairman Terry McGuirk said in the press release announcing the news. “Since he joined the organization, Alex has continued the winning tradition that Braves fans have come to expect.”

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Per MLBTR:
The Braves announced Monday morning that they’ve promoted general manager Alex Anthopoulos to president of baseball operations and extended his contract through the 2024 season. The Atlanta organization also announced contract extensions for manager Brian Snitker and his entire coaching staff; they’ll now be in place through the 2021 season. Anthopoulos had previously bee under contract through the 2021 season, while Snitker was signed through 2020 with a club option for 2021.

“I am very pleased that Alex will be leading the Atlanta Braves’ baseball operations for years to come,” chairman Terry McGuirk said in the press release announcing the news. “Since he joined the organization, Alex has continued the winning tradition that Braves fans have come to expect.”
I just hope AA doesn't wind up shatting the bed and messing up the Braves organization:cigar: