2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Time to move on from this dude.
I don’t think they will make an insurance claim on him for the prorated portion of his salary(which is somewhere in the 7 m. neighborhood, I believe), unless he does not pitch at all. It’s a win-win at this point. They need a few veterans. If Matt Harvey has a good start or two before the trade deadline at the end of August, I think he will go to a contender. Atlanta would need another veteran. Suspected high prices, you would think they want controllable starters?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I don’t think they will make an insurance claim on him for the prorated portion of his salary(which is somewhere in the 7 m. neighborhood, I believe), unless he does not pitch at all. It’s a win-win at this point. They need a few veterans. If Matt Harvey has a good start or two before the trade deadline at the end of August, I think he will go to a contender. Atlanta would need another veteran. Suspected high prices, you would think they want controllable starters?
Good point and considering the Braves financial situation right now at upwards of 700 million in debt, they might ought to hang on to him lol

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
No worries, gtbow. The Barves are just keeping themselves warm by snuggling up with all the shiny new "prospects" that might probably possibly maybe become ... something 6 years from now but probably not.

No need to let go of any of 'em to get some actual starting pitching to actually win games. Who needs that? It's not like your wasting the last prime years of your MVP-caliber 1st baseman or anything. Those grow on trees.
Preach it brother. We all feel your frustration.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Preach it brother. We all feel your frustration.

It's sad. When the Atl. Hawks made the playoffs for 10 straight years it was clear they had no intention of actually competing for anything. They just figured out exactly how many games into the playoffs they had to last to make the numbers work money-wise. And that's all they did.

I imagine it's not much different for the Barves. Plus, who wants to pay for a championship parade anyways. Then you gotta open the stadium another day. And you gotta pay for a party. And, of course, all those freeloading fans wanna eat. Then you gotta pay for rings for the players and staff.

Geez, who needs those headaches when you can just peter out in the division series and blame the umps. All these "loyal" Barves fans'll be onto football season in a couple weeks anyw... what's that? There may be no football season?

O0adam.gif

GT_EE78

Banned
it's postponed.crap- would have gotten the ESPN game
mets/fish are on instead
too bad Pache was set to start in LF batting 9th

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So looks like we're rolling with Fried, Tomlin, Erlin, and Touki? God forbid we call up someone..... This crap needs to stop, McGuirk, Shiller, and Plant need to go.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Would not have thought back in March that with Acuna, Albies out for 1/3 of our games and the current four starters, Atlanta would be three games over .500 and at the top of the Division in late August...

GT_EE78

Banned
So looks like we're rolling with Fried, Tomlin, Erlin, and Touki? God forbid we call up someone..... This crap needs to stop, McGuirk, Shiller, and Plant need to go.
Not exactly an awe inspiring group.I'm still hoping we'll make a trade by 8/31,even tho its tougher this year than usual.
during last Friday's mets game announcers mentioned that Tucker davidson was likely the next callup. He clocked triple digits earlier this year.

GT_EE78

Banned
Braves won 11-2
them cardboard cutouts should all be holdin tomahawks.
at least they still play something good after the homers

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Pache didn’t have that slight hitch of indecision when he caught the fly ball, he would have been out at the plate.

Donaldson is hitting .184(4 for 27, 4 RS, 1 HR, 2 RBI). I continue to say Ozuna was the better value, and a clutch offensive threat. Riley let one get under his glove, but in the bottom of the inning came right back to get on base. Maturing, not allowing an error to linger.